1.    #1  
    do any of you carry a seperate phone for voicecalls, and just use the treo for email, sms, etc. if so, what do you carry?
    that would be affirmative.

Sanyo, Nokia, etc. take your pick.
    Now why would you do that???
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    Is reception on the T650 that bad??????
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    T608. more comfy on the ear
    more comfy than a bluetooth headset?
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueCrimeNY
    Is reception on the T650 that bad??????
    Well, in my case I think it is. I just ordered food for a luncheon tomorrow and the lady was like "sir, I am having trouble hearing you." Fantastic. I can't communicate clearly on a $650 telephone. That's unacceptable. (note, this is absolutely not the first time this has happend). I think the issue is due to some mega-noise canceling they implemented on the 650. They went overboard, just like the Shure Quiet Spot headset did (boy is that thing an expensive piece of junk....talk about digitized, garbly, choppy voice).

I'm fortunate enough to have a Nokia on ATT for work that I can use if the frustration gets to me. But with the 650, I shouldn't need a backup, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by dsds
    more comfy than a bluetooth headset?

hmmm
    as i've always said, the Treo is a PDA first, phone second.

Great for data, but when you want decent voice, "regular" phones win out.

I disagree with the comment about the Shure QuietSpot. That is, hands down, the best headset on the market.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    Well, in my case I think it is. I just ordered food for a luncheon tomorrow and the lady was like "sir, I am having trouble hearing you." Fantastic. I can't communicate clearly on a $650 telephone. That's unacceptable. (note, this is absolutely not the first time this has happend). I think the issue is due to some mega-noise canceling they implemented on the 650. They went overboard, just like the Shure Quiet Spot headset did (boy is that thing an expensive piece of junk....talk about digitized, garbly, choppy voice).

I'm fortunate enough to have a Nokia on ATT for work that I can use if the frustration gets to me. But with the 650, I shouldn't need a backup, right?

Just curious, where exactly are you, in terms of state, city etc. That may be the problem. Here in NYC, the reception on my SprintPCS Treo600 is flawless.