Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I noticed that after a hard reset my 650 ir functions normally. After a hotsync it is sparadic if it works at all. I have purposely hard reset 10 times now and its always the same. I have cleaned my pc of any palm evidence and started fresh- still the same.

Anyone else notice this?
  2.    #2  
    Anyone?
    I have the same problem, but unfortunately I have no solution yet either. But, at least the behaviour is consistent. I have a suspicion that it has to do with how Docs To Go 7.002 interacts with the transport mechanism. Do you have DTG 7.002 installed by chance?
  4.    #4  
    yes I do.... well DTG 7.00
    I would be surprised if the version of DTG that shipped with the Treo causes this. Tomorrow I'll post everything I have installed and perhaps we can find the common denominator.

In the meantime God I love this device. Though I can't understand what marketing genious decided that 32mb would be acceptable when the T5 group figured out that 256 was necessary. I can just see the bozo looking at his ROI spreadsheet in amazement over how his project got so much more profitable. And I know they are blaming the finance rep who merely suggested it as an option in some steering committee meeting.
  6.    #6  
    BUMP
    I really think the IR hardware is fine. Its a software conflict. That must come from the CD.

Anyone else notice this or have a sugestion?
    The only s/w I actually have on my Treo is:

AvantGo 5.5 Build 110
    Docs To Go 7.002
    mVoice 1.5
    ZLauncher 5.0
    VeriChat 2.32b
    Bluetooth Manager Hack (I wonder if this is it)

Everything else resides on my SD card.

Can you compare this to your SW payload?

Thanks...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mansouan
    The only s/w I actually have on my Treo is:

AvantGo 5.5 Build 110
    Docs To Go 7.002
    mVoice 1.5
    ZLauncher 5.0
    VeriChat 2.32b
    Bluetooth Manager Hack (I wonder if this is it)

Everything else resides on my SD card.

Can you compare this to your SW payload?

Thanks...
    I am seing the issue if I just do a completely clean hotsync with only the palm desktop software.

I dont have the bluetooth hack. The only other software we have in common is the Docs to Go. But like I said, I get the prob without installing it, and only having the default apps.... but it always works until first hotsync.
    Well, I just reverted back to the original BT and it didn't solve the problem. When you say a "clean hotsync" do you mean with a new user profile that absolutely has nothing in the backup directory?
  10.    #10  
    Yes! Even with a new user ID! it happens just from the sync. It works fine after a hard reset, but after talking to desktop it goes to sh**!
    That is odd indeed eh? I haven't had time this week to try that out but I will definitely try to replicate it this weekend. Have a good Thanksgiving.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    I noticed that after a hard reset my 650 ir functions normally. After a hotsync it is sparadic if it works at all. I have purposely hard reset 10 times now and its always the same. I have cleaned my pc of any palm evidence and started fresh- still the same.

Anyone else notice this?
    I had same problem. It seems to be a known problem when beaming from 600 to 650 and user name is more than 10 characters. My guess is that when you hotsync, your 650 acquires a new (long) name...

-----------------------
    From P1 support website:

Solution ID 31578
    Issues beaming from a Treo 600 to Treo 650

palmOne is aware of an issue when beaming data from a Treo 600 smartphone to a Treo 650 smartphone. If the Treo 600 displays the error message Could not find a receiving handheld computer, check the following:

Ensure Beam Receive is turned on:

Press the Home button
    Select Prefs in the Launcher (Ensure the "All" category is selected if you do not see Prefs)
    Under General Prefs select Power
    Ensure Beam Receive is ON
    Use a shorter username on the Treo 650:
    User names longer than 10 characters may cause an issue beaming from a Treo 600 to a Treo 650. In order to receive beamed data from a Treo 600, the Treo 650 user name will need to be shortened to 10 characters or less.

Caution: If you have third-party software that was registered to a specific user name, it may not function properly after this procedure is performed. Contact the third-party developer for more information, and to transfer your software to your new user name.

On your desktop computer, launch Palm Desktop (even if you synchronize with Microsoft Outlook or another application, open Palm Desktop).
    Select Users from the Tools menu.
    Select the Treo 650 username from the list, then select Rename.
    Enter a username 10 characters or shorter, and select OK.
    Select OK in the Users window.
    Perform a HotSync operation.
    The Treo 600 should now recognize the Treo 650 when beaming.
    Sheesh... what a fix?! I hope they're working on a better solution than asking us to change our hotsync names. I have MANY registered apps and this would be VERY hard to do.
    How do I change my user name thru my 650 ? I am away from my computer
    Is this problem only when using a 600, or do other handhelds exhibit the same trouble when beaming to the 650?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  16.    #16  
    I just made several successful attemps 2 beam data to my 650 from other handhelds. so it seems the problem is isolated to beaming from 600 to 650. I'm glad its a minor glitch & that palm is aware of it.... hopefully that means it will be corrected soon
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    it seems the problem is isolated to beaming from 600 to 650
    Great! Now, is that a 600 or 650 problem?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    I don't know what's worse, that this bug exists or that p1's "solution" is for us to rename our HotSync ID and contact every developer we've purchased apps from to request a new registration code (which may or may not be given). I tried beaming over some apps today from my 600 to my 650 and couldn't get it to work. I had remembered seeing some posts about this here and I tracked this thread down.

Marcus and company, can you push for a better answer from p1 on this issue?

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I have no problem beaming from my 650 to my 600, but I couldn't get the reverse to work. I attempted this several times with several different sized files with the same result.

Then, for reasons I cannot explain because I have made no changes to my 650 setup, today it started working. Sometimes it takes the 650 a long time to discover that it is being sent something, but it seems to be working now.

I don't know where palmOne came up with the "longer than 10 character" user name theory came from, but if it provides value, my user name is 12 characters including the space, and I have DocstoGo 7.0.
    Last edited by cooneyca; 11/26/2004 at 08:44 PM.
    Hey sxtg, congrats buddy...it only took us 3 days to get to someone to help us with this issue. Kudos to bakos for figuring this out - thanks for the help!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast