1.    #1  
    I wrote to the company (VoiceSignal) that created the VoiceDial application.

(For those who don't know, it's an app for Treo 650 that lets you dial by saying anybody's name in your address book. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with Bluetooth, only with the built-in mic or wired headset).

I got this response from them:

"Our application currently works with BT, but it is up to PalmOne to actually enable BT to be compatible with our application. PalmOne has intentions of enabling BT to work with Voice Dialing in the future."

It's a future software update for Treo 650 from P1 that will enable this, not the company. (maybe when they allow it to connect to our PCs via Bluetooth?)
    Quote Originally Posted by tubby_bartles
    I wrote to the company (VoiceSignal) that created the VoiceDial application.

(For those who don't know, it's an app for Treo 650 that lets you dial by saying anybody's name in your address book. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with Bluetooth, only with the built-in mic or wired headset).

I got this response from them:

"Our application currently works with BT, but it is up to PalmOne to actually enable BT to be compatible with our application. PalmOne has intentions of enabling BT to work with Voice Dialing in the future."

It's a future software update for Treo 650 from P1 that will enable this, not the company. (maybe when they allow it to connect to our PCs via Bluetooth?)
    I'm always the pessimist on stuff like this, but this sounds kind of like that "third party card/driver for WiFi and/or Bluetooth" on the 600. Hahahaha.

Don't trust any corporation until they deliver the goods on your door. Even then, be suspect. (I'm no hippie, I work for an MNC and always have, so I know first hand!).
    I think he means we can't really pester the company about changing the app; we have to go back to pestering P1 to release the update instead.