1.    #1  
    Just curious where all of you get your mp3's for ringtones?

Anybody mind explaining, in detail, how I go about downloading the mp3 to my PC, then hot-syncing in to my Treo 600 and then getting my ringtone? I've seen posts about having to download PTunes - just not sure exactly how to go about getting some Who songs, some Cars songs, etc. into my Treo. Do I need an SD Card. Any issues with that?

I'm sure it's been explained here before, but can't find step by step instructions. Anybody with the patience to "walk" me through it, I would be eternally grateful. Can't take the midi rings anymore!!!!

Thanks in advance,
    Ken
    Well, mp3 ringtones are pretty straight forward.

First you need to get a program that supports mp3 ringtones then get pocket tunes and install that onto your palm. Pretty much all of the ringer programs rely on pocket tunes to play mp3s.

Then you just need to put your mp3s on your SDcard, preferably in the //audio/ directory. Then you just need to set the mp3 in the ringer program, this will vary depending on which program you decide to use.

hrm. . .prolly not as exact as you wanted, but it's a good start. Right now you pretty much need to get pocket tunes and decide on what ringtone program to use, then some more exact instructions can be given.

Best of luck to you!
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

3.    #3  
    Thanks Tekara! Which ringtone program do you use or like and is the easiest to use, money no object?

Ken
    Well, I use Callfilter. It's a solid program that allows for you to set individual ringtones for both voice calls and SMS.

But, I am heavily biased on that one. Especially considering I work directly with the developer of the program, I respond to the questions that people send into us.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

i found a good site where you can cut MP3s.

it's http://mp3cutter.cjb.net/
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Do you still need Pocket Tunes if you use Ringo Pro?