Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Don't know if this was posted already but just got the PalmOne Catalog in the mail today and it lists the USB Cradle Kit for the Treo 650 at $59.99! Sheesh! Here's hoping Dan's Cellular gets them in around the same time and offers them for cheaper...
    It's on the website for that much too. P1 always charges through the nose for accessories. Dan's Cellular will most definitely offer them cheaper, though I don't know how much cheaper (they charge half price for batteries).

If I might recommend buying something from the Treo Central store? It supports the boards and is somewhat cheaper than P1 (though not as cheap as Dan).
  3.    #3  
    Sure thing. Any idea when you guys might be expecting them?
    I would guess the same time as everyone else (I heard a whisper from another merchant of a week or two).
    OK, it's been a week ... any more whispers?
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I would guess the same time as everyone else (I heard a whisper from another merchant of a week or two).
    Slightly OT but on a related note, have you heard of TC getting any of the PalmOne DoubleTalk chargers for the 650? I really liked mine for the 600 and have resisted getting a car charger for the 650 in the hopes that P1 will release a DoubleTalk for the 650.

Any chance of a "Coming Soon" page being added to the TC store with release or availability dates for new accessories?
    I second the "coming soon" page for TC. I'd be happy to pre-order from TreoCentral and just wait until it shows up in the mail.
  8.    #8  
    So I noticed at the TC store that you can add the 650 cradle to your cart (and I assume checkout and pay for it). Does that mean it's a preorder and will be fulfilled in the order that they are received?
    I called the Treo Store. You can order the 650 Cradle from TreoCentral. Just place your order. They will ship it as soon as they receive stock. First Ordered, First Shipped! Your credit card will not be charged until the cradle is shipped. I just placed my order. The rep said they expect to ship this week.
    Regarding the $59.99 cradle.. that is a KIT, correct? It includes all these travel adapters. ISN'T THE CRADLE AVAILABLE BY ITSELF??? It would be much cheaper than sixy bucks!
    These adapters are innane. When travelling I alreeady have lots of adpaters ... as I 'spect most folks likley to want to take a cradle overseas would also have.

If they MUST overcharge, at least some effort ought to be made to make the thing nice ... e.g add an extra stylus in an easily accessible dimple. Extra USB ports are always nice, esp here where there is an aux power supply!
    Extra USB ports? Brilliant! That would be a great addition.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzo
    I just placed my order. The rep said they expect to ship this week.
    Welp, any word? Did they ship?
    Quote Originally Posted by cortjestir
    Welp, any word? Did they ship?
    NO!
    I don't know who said they would ship this week... We don't have an ETA on the cradles yet from the manufacturer, but we sure are bugging them every other day for one.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hall316
    Yes, it's listed as cheaper (for now), but it's not any more available than at TC or PalmOne. Its status is "On Order" and says it will ship in "2-10 days".
    Ingram Micro, the wholesaler for a whole bunch of online tech retailers, lists the ETA for the cradle kit as 1-1-2005. If you do a froogle search for "3198WW", you will find 3 or 4 retailers, inlcuding buy.com, who are selling the thing for around $34 plus shipping, but I wouldn't expect shipment for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl
    Ingram Micro, the wholesaler for a whole bunch of online tech retailers, lists the ETA for the cradle kit as 1-1-2005. If you do a froogle search for "3198WW", you will find 3 or 4 retailers, inlcuding buy.com, who are selling the thing for around $34 plus shipping, but I wouldn't expect shipment for a while.
    Yeah, 1-1-2005 has "default date" written all over it. I would be shocked if it was offered on New Years Day.
    Why is this cradle taking so friggin' long? It can't be that difficult.

Oh wait ... "U.S.A., U.K., Europe, and Australia" plug adapters. Of course, we have to wait for European approval ....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast