1.    #1  
    My job demands that I talk on my cell phone alot. I can't afford poor quality. After experiencing the Audiovox ppc4100 fiasco, I need a REAL phone. But I also need internet access. Please be honest for me and cast your vote. Would you consider the 650 to be equal to a regular cell phone in quality? Or not?
    My 4100 would buzz and cut out during calls. It was also VERY slow to answer and dial.
    I need info before I make this decision (buying 3 units)

Also, is the 600 a good quality phone? (Note, I say PHONE). Thanks peeps.
    The 600 is a very good quality phone.

Clue
    I agree with Cluemeister, I work outdoors alot, and my Treo 600 is alway right by my side. I'm sending my Treo 650 back, its not worth the money to upgrade from the Treo 600.
    Ribbet!!
    The Treo 600 is still an excellent phone, and far more bugfree than the 650, it seems.
    At half the cost (on ebay) of the Treo 650, I think that unless you need the increased screen and /or bluetooth, there is no reason to upgrade.
    $300 bucks is a lot to keep in your pocket. Most think Palmone has almost intentionally slowed their innovation of their handhelds for unknown reasons. I'm pretty sure if the ram had been upgraded to 64 mb alone, this would have doubled treo 650 sales, which would have far outweighed any costs incurred in using a higher capacity memory chip. It's unbelievably stupid and for that reason I am on the fence about upgrading to the 650 even though I very much would like the better screen and the bluetooth. I will test drive the 650 and decide. I don't feel bad about returning it b/c 1. It's my money. 2. It's not my problem that they have put out a questionable product. I'll have to see it for myself.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Let me ask you guys this: if you could get either phone for $350 - which do you go with? I'm sitting on my roadshow coupon, and unlike most of the folks here, i'm not really in a rush to get the phone. right now i doubt i'd be able to get a 600 for $350 unless i went ebay, and a used sprint one at that. given these facts, would you still suggest going with the 600 or take a gamble on the 650 since i'm a light user (only 81 contacts amassed in close to 10 years of palm os ownership) who will likely install very few 3rd party apps?

Quote Originally Posted by pufftissue
    The Treo 600 is still an excellent phone, and far more bugfree than the 650, it seems.
    At half the cost (on ebay) of the Treo 650, I think that unless you need the increased screen and /or bluetooth, there is no reason to upgrade.
    $300 bucks is a lot to keep in your pocket. Most think Palmone has almost intentionally slowed their innovation of their handhelds for unknown reasons. I'm pretty sure if the ram had been upgraded to 64 mb alone, this would have doubled treo 650 sales, which would have far outweighed any costs incurred in using a higher capacity memory chip. It's unbelievably stupid and for that reason I am on the fence about upgrading to the 650 even though I very much would like the better screen and the bluetooth. I will test drive the 650 and decide. I don't feel bad about returning it b/c 1. It's my money. 2. It's not my problem that they have put out a questionable product. I'll have to see it for myself.
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    roll the dice...get a 650
    I have been using the 600 for over a year and love it. Even before the problems with the 650 arose on this board, I had no intention of upgrading...there is no compelling factor in moving to the 650 for me, I'm fine with a tethered ear bud, and the screen resolution is heads and tails above my old Visor Phone.

To the question, the sound quality is great. I actually like using a headset much better than holding it like a phone, plus I can make appointments, SMS or look stuff up as I am talking. I have never had trouble hearing or being heard with the Treo600 (Sprint). I would never go back to a standard phone....

Good luck in your decision.
    Last edited by pcrick; 11/23/2004 at 10:02 PM. Reason: spell check
    Rick
    "...There is no try..." - Yoda