1.    #1  
    Has anyone else noticed that the 650 ignores extensions now. This is a major pain. The treo 600 used to prompt you to dial the extension and you could press the space bar to dial it. The 650 ignores it all together.
    If you setup a Speed Dial on a favorites button, you can hit More on the setup of that button and enter the extra digits, such as an extension, voicemail ID and password, etc. You can check the box to have it dialed automatically or I think it will prompt you if you leave it unchecked. I use this to get directly into my voicemail at work without having to dial extra digits while driving. Use a comma as a pause if necessary.

TB
  3.    #3  
    That's fine but I have a lot of business contacts and customers with extensions and that solution doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katahdin
    That's fine but I have a lot of business contacts and customers with extensions and that solution doesn't work.

Sorry...can't help you. If you have "a lot" of business contacts, you aren't in the target market.

Sad state of affairs. But it IS pretty to look at!
  5.    #5  
    What do you mean target market? The 600 handled this just fine. I don't know why they changed it.
    It was a joke. It's unacceptable of course.
  7.    #7  
    Sorry, I don't have my sense of humor right now.
    no problem. most of us don't. come on firmware upgrade!
    Well, you'd be in the target market if you had no more than 56 contacts with extensions (14 favorites x 4 pages - not to mention setting them up manually)

:-) sorry, another joke. Maybe the humor will make it easier on eneryone.
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    how do you make it dial an extention in treo 600 ? I never knew it has that feature. how do you enter extention?
    Any updates on this? Come on there has to be a way to dial extensions from your contacts.

Al
    wow. no native support for this is shameful. I've been trying to get this to work (from my contacts list) for days now, assuming it was available functionality. I've never heard of a device *not* supporting this. wierd. this is enough for me to consider returning my treo 650.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Takephone does it. I know it's a 3rd party app, but it's better than nothing.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Was this a function of the Treo 600, or was it a function of the Chapura conduit software for Outlook sync? I was told by P1 support it wasn't built into the Treo 600 itself.
    I haven't tried this but couldn't you put in a pause to dial the extension?

For example 1-555-555-1212p123 or 1-555-555-1212,123 (depending on how long you want the pause).

Edit: OK, I tried this. While the contact retains the extra info (digits), it seems to refuse to use them if I dial from the contacts. Haven't been to find any way to do this yet. I know the 600 did this using pauses.
    Last edited by bcaslis; 02/23/2005 at 12:17 PM.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    Any news on this front. Did the last firmware update fix this problem?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tmedia1
    If you setup a Speed Dial on a favorites button, you can hit More on the setup of that button and enter the extra digits, such as an extension, voicemail ID and password, etc. You can check the box to have it dialed automatically or I think it will prompt you if you leave it unchecked. I use this to get directly into my voicemail at work without having to dial extra digits while driving. Use a comma as a pause if necessary.

TB
    Just found out about this feature. It's very useful when using a phonecard (I use a phonecard to call overseas because it is much cheaper) especially when you forget the card at home with its access codes.
    Sony Clie N610C Sony Clie N710C Sony Clie UX50 Palm Tungsten T|5 Locked Cingular Treo 650 Locked Cingular Treo 680
    "You see, Netherlands is this make-believe place where Peter Pan and Tinkerbell come from." - Joey Tribbiani