1.    #1  
    I want an earbud that will work with mp3's and for using on calls. How is the quality of the seidio unit. Anyone have the Palm1 version? Thanks.
    Does the old stereo headset for the 600 work on the 650? A friend who got his 650 is using the non-stereo from the 600 with the new unit, so... Have been seeing conflicting messages on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by scriber
    I want an earbud that will work with mp3's and for using on calls. How is the quality of the seidio unit. Anyone have the Palm1 version? Thanks.
    Poor quality is my experience. Answering calls when outdoors (on my bike for example) is not possible. People go "hello? hello?" until I take out the earbud and answer normally.

Since a few days the sound volume has gone down finally. Before it would do this occassionally. The problem is the volume control in the cord. It is an old fashioned potential meter which uses graphite to reduce the volume level. You turn the little dial and more graphite decreases the signalstrength. On mine it is at 75% max. Before it helped to completely turn it down and then turn it up and then it would reach 100%. Sometimes only on one channel.

In the end I found out that I don't really need a volume control. I just take it off completely when I want to talk to a shop assistant or something.

Controlling the Treo with something dangling on the cord turns out to be impossible, so there is really no point in using this device. Just spend your money in the best possible headset you can find and buy the little $6 palmOne Treo headphone Adapter (which should have an integrated talk/music switch).
    ReindeR
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by reinder.rustema
    Poor quality is my experience. Answering calls when outdoors (on my bike for example) is not possible. People go "hello? hello?" until I take out the earbud and answer normally.

Since a few days the sound volume has gone down finally. Before it would do this occassionally. The problem is the volume control in the cord. It is an old fashioned potential meter which uses graphite to reduce the volume level. You turn the little dial and more graphite decreases the signalstrength. On mine it is at 75% max. Before it helped to completely turn it down and then turn it up and then it would reach 100%. Sometimes only on one channel.

In the end I found out that I don't really need a volume control. I just take it off completely when I want to talk to a shop assistant or something.

Controlling the Treo with something dangling on the cord turns out to be impossible, so there is really no point in using this device. Just spend your money in the best possible headset you can find and buy the little $6 palmOne Treo headphone Adapter (which should have an integrated talk/music switch).
    First, thanks for the reply.
    This one? The description doesn't say it has an integrated switch.
    http://store.treocentral.com/content.../12-45--13.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by scriber
    First, thanks for the reply.
    This one? The description doesn't say it has an integrated switch.
    http://store.treocentral.com/content.../12-45--13.htm
    Yes, that one. A good buy. It _should have_ an integrated switch. Unfortunately, at the moment, it does not have one. Excuse my English, perhaps I should have said 'it ought to have'.
    ReindeR