1.    #1  
    Can someone who has upgraded to 650 and then decided to return it and go back to the 600 post the best procedure to use in doing so with the desktop software/re-synching?

Thanks.

ME
    Just curious, but why are you switching back?
    I switching back because this 650 is SLOW. Click on a button WAIT, click on a number to dial WAIT ... what is that all about? How did this new treo get so freaking slow?
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisutley
    I switching back because this 650 is SLOW. Click on a button WAIT, click on a number to dial WAIT ... what is that all about? How did this new treo get so freaking slow?
    That's the reason? Wow.
    Many people aren't having those issues, perhaps you should look into the cause?
    Quote Originally Posted by Primate
    Many people aren't having those issues, perhaps you should look into the cause?
    Are you reading the same forum I am reading? I thought most everyone was having those issues, the ones not bothered by it are usually not previous 600 users.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Are you reading the same forum I am reading? I thought most everyone was having those issues, the ones not bothered by it are usually not previous 600 users.
    Bingo. I have my 600 right here, and the delays are driving me nuts. Often I click one too many times, just because I think the click hasn't been recognized (but no it's just the 650 taking its own sweet time to respond).

I guess that may seem minor to some, but I expected a step up in performance or at the bare minimum no change. After shelling out $650 to upgrade, it's frustrating to find these "downgrades" if you will. Frustrating enough that I can think of 10 better ways to spend that money.
    Do you have any 3rd party apps loaded? I noticed at the Roadshow that some of the Treos seemed slower than others. Now that I think of it the ones that seemed slower were the Sprint ones and the GSM ones used by the PalmOne guys seemed to fly. I wonder if the Sprint version is slower because of some app loaded that is not on the GSM version? We already know that they are hiding things like DUN that are on the GSM version. Maybe they (Sprint) screwed around with it too much.

Are their any other major differences in the software that is on the GSM and CDMA other than Business Connect and Bluetooth DUN hiding?
    I to0 expected an upgrade for the bucks spent. Out of the box, with no software loaded the 650, is slower than the 600. Slow to respond after key pushes. Slow to open programs. Very few of my programs run correctly on the 650, I know wait....for the developers to fix them...This is BS! why should the developers have to fix programs to run on the 650. What ever happened to keeping things simple PalmOne? Sorry I'm ranting! My Treo 650 has crashed so many times I swear I was running Pocket PC. I'm just disappointed... PalmOne did a crappy job with this one. Oh yeah, the screen and the keyboard are great improvements, but I'm sorry these aren't enough to get my money. Just my opinion...your mileage may vary!
    Ribbet!!
    Glad I'm not going to buy one then.

I wish you all luck.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

may the slowness have to do with sprints software intrusions? like disabling DUN.

may the gsm phones be of some other class?
    Maybe!! Something isn't quite right yet...Who knows maybe they will fix the slowness with software updates. Shouldn't have to wait. Palm should have this right.
    Ribbet!!
    Boy am I glad that I switched from "Purchase" to "Try and Buy" from VC.... :-(
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient_One
    Glad I'm not going to buy one then.

I wish you all luck.

You people kill me.......

Letting someone else’s experiences with the 650 deter you from trying it for yourself.

Try the D*mn phone yourself, if it sucks for you, then return it!

I upgraded from the 600 to the 650 and have had no problems. I loaded apps one by one weeding out the apps that didn't work. And I started with a New Hotsync name and a fresh hotsync. I have not seen any problems with my 650!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  15.    #15  
    Can someone please answer my question??? Thanks.
    Despite the rants of treo zealots everywhere, the "slow" issue is universal. I guess some find it acceptable, I do not. It's just mind boggling that these devices were released to manufacturing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    You people kill me.......

Letting someone else’s experiences with the 650 deter you from trying it for yourself.

Try the D*mn phone yourself, if it sucks for you, then return it!

I upgraded from the 600 to the 650 and have had no problems. I loaded apps one by one weeding out the apps that didn't work. And I started with a New Hotsync name and a fresh hotsync. I have not seen any problems with my 650!
    I dont know, but when a brand new product come out (650), flaws are bound to happen, I sure a patch/upgrade will be on the way soon which should fix those problems. I think it would be hard to down grade to the 600, don't get me wrong, the 600 is still great, but after seeing the 650 vs the 600 screen, damn...
    I backed up all my data on a SD card using backup man. Removed the Treo 650 software from my computer: Reloaded the Treo 600 software: Restored the backup back on to my Treo: Then Hot synced...and i'm back where I left off.
    Ribbet!!
  19.    #19  
    So if I had just left my Treo 600 as it was with the last synch, removed the 650 software and reinstalled the 600 and then synched the 600, I should be set, right?
    I didn't have a 600 before, but I haven't had these problems. Apps load and key presses are effective immediately. No noticeable delay at all. A lot zippier than my m505. (Of course, it doesn't recognize my SD card... I'm going to visit the Sprint store in the morning.)