1.    #1  
    I am noticing that after a soft reset, two of my Preferences revert back to Sprint's Business Connection app, when I don't want them to.

Here's what happens:

1. I go to Home > Preferences > Default apps, set Email = VersaMail, and click Done.
    2. I go to Home > Preferences > Buttons, set the Messaging button = Messaging, and click Done.
    3. I then perform a Soft Reset.

If I then go back into Preferences, I notice that Default Email is set to BizConn, and the Messaging button is assigned to BizConn. All my other prefs seem to survive a soft reset.

How do I fix this? -- I've noticed that my Treo will occasionally soft reset on its own, and it's a pain to have to reset those two preferences every time it happens.

Thanks for your help!

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    They reset to those defaults because it is burned into the ROM. It's Sprint's way of putting their service first every time even though everyone can choose their own apps. You should do a ##377 to determine whcih app is resetting the device and see if that can be corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by tanster
    I am noticing that after a soft reset, two of my Preferences revert back to Sprint's Business Connection app, when I don't want them to.

Here's what happens:

1. I go to Home > Preferences > Default apps, set Email = VersaMail, and click Done.
    2. I go to Home > Preferences > Buttons, set the Messaging button = Messaging, and click Done.
    3. I then perform a Soft Reset.

If I then go back into Preferences, I notice that Default Email is set to BizConn, and the Messaging button is assigned to BizConn. All my other prefs seem to survive a soft reset.

How do I fix this? -- I've noticed that my Treo will occasionally soft reset on its own, and it's a pain to have to reset those two preferences every time it happens.

Thanks for your help!

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileGhost
    They reset to those defaults because it is burned into the ROM. It's Sprint's way of putting their service first every time even though everyone can choose their own apps. You should do a ##377 to determine whcih app is resetting the device and see if that can be corrected.
    MobileGhost, thanks so much for replying!

Wow, I didn't know they were burned into ROM, and I didn't know that ##377 showed the system error log. Very useful info!

The log stated:

A reset was caused on 11/23/04 at 12:34 pm while running "ZagatToGo":
    Fatal Exception

-- which I did on purpose because I knew that ZTG would produce the soft reset, to confirm that I indeed had a problem. I'll make sure to enter ##377 the next time my Treo decides to soft reset on its own.

Thanks again for the information!

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    No Problem... that was an easy one. Do a search in the forums for ##377 and you'll find threads that can give you all kinds of secret codes... some useful and some not, unless you are a Palm engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by tanster
    MobileGhost, thanks so much for replying!

Wow, I didn't know they were burned into ROM, and I didn't know that ##377 showed the system error log. Very useful info!

The log stated:

A reset was caused on 11/23/04 at 12:34 pm while running "ZagatToGo":
    Fatal Exception

-- which I did on purpose because I knew that ZTG would produce the soft reset, to confirm that I indeed had a problem. I'll make sure to enter ##377 the next time my Treo decides to soft reset on its own.

Thanks again for the information!