1.    #1  
    There is an adaptor that came with the Treo 650 and it is about three inches long. It has a plug that looks like the OE charger that comes with the Treo on one end, and on the other end what looks like a headphone receptacle.

I know it's a charger adaptor and NOT A HEADPHONE ADAPTOR from the manual, but all it says is
    "If the connector on your Sprint-approved 1Amp AC charger or vehicle doesn't fit into the bottom of your Treo, use the included Sprint charger adaptor"
    I don't get it, is there a second sourced charger that they may supply with some Treo 650's? If it's not a Treo650 charger, then will people look and make sure that the output voltage is correct? The Amperage is only half of the isssue, there is voltage too. If another charger says for Treo650, then it should have the Treo650 proprietary plug then.

Unless they plan to have an all inclusive charger and that is their (Sprint) idea?

I think it may be the later of them after typing this, what do y'all think it's for?

TIA, Matt

Dumb question I assume, but that's my nature, I have to know why..It's the kid in me I guess (or geek)..LOL
    It's an adapter from the earlier version of the Tungsten (pre T5)'s power adapter.
    StevenB
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Steven,
    That open a whole new set of questions, but I think I can get those on my own.
    Your answer is a fact I assume and not speculation?Just asking, don't read into it please.
    Thanks,Matt
    so how is this adapter useful? i'm not following
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    This is an adapter for those Sprint users who have had other SPCS phones. Sprint has standardized the chargers on all there normal cell phones. For those of us that are upgrading from normal phones, this means i can leave one charger here at work, and still plug the Treo into this adaptor and use my old cell charger at home.
    Yeah that adapter is great for those of us who have the standardized 'barrel' chargers (car charger included). Glad I figured this out before I ordered the car charger!
    I now have the new wall charger at home and I use my Samsung VGA 1000 here at work. i can also use my car charger from the samsung due to this handy dandy 3 inch thingy.

Palm did do this right!!!

"Age is only a number society has inflicted upon us to number our days on Earth."
    ~Stephen Todd
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    Yeah that adapter is great for those of us who have the standardized 'barrel' chargers (car charger included). Glad I figured this out before I ordered the car charger!
    Check the voltage. My wifes Samsun a460 (Sprint) seems to fit it. I didn't have the adaptor pluged into the treo, just the adaptor into the Samsung charger. It's a 5.0V charger, the Treo650 one is 5.2 volts, sure no worse then USB charge, but P=I*E so with only 5.0v and not 5.2v can/are you getting a 100% complete charge? Better put, will you get full capacity?

Don't get me wrong, in a pinch, that is a great idea, but real low on the list of stuff comparied to others if you ask me. 8-32M more memory, or a 3 inch thingy?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick

Lucky for you. I'm still waiting for my phone to be delivered, and ordered the car charger ahead of time That's what I get for being an over-eager geek.