1.    #1  
    Life was easy with my Treo 600. I was able to program one of my 5-way buttons to jump to my contacts.

Life on the Treo 650 is much more stressfull. I can not find an easy way to get to my contacts- or any other highly used application.

Sure I can get to it from the launcher but that takes some navigating.

Sure I can asign it a button on the keypad but that does not always work because I use Key Caps. Key Caps has a known bug that makes the phone think you are holding down the button for a capital letter and not to jump to an application. This bug kicks in occasionaly wich makes it even more annoying and unpredictable.

I can also use the favorites button which was probably the intended way. However that takes a downward click on the 5-way. The anoying part is sometimes it takes 2 downward clicks depending if your on screen email icon is showing that you have email. Again the unpridictability is the problem.

It may seem trivial but I consider my self well coordinated and I find myself constantly struggeling to pull up a phone number while I am driving. It almost reminds me of my days using the "Danger Sidekick". Cool but not very cooperative.

Lastly I could and probably will program either the calendar hard button or the email/messaging hard button to jump to my contacts but then I lose easy access to those 2 often used applications. I think we need a hack to regain control over the 5-way buttons.
    I get there by pressing Green button....center...center. This is when the phone is not currently on. This is using one of the blue shortcut keys the reside beneath the key pad. I have one row of these since I can view my activities from my calendar at the top.

P.S. You can do this with your eyes closed so while driving should not be a problem.
    Last edited by treo650luvr; 11/23/2004 at 02:36 PM.

"Age is only a number society has inflicted upon us to number our days on Earth."
    ~Stephen Todd
    i would recommend a launcher called Initate. frankly, it wasn't all that for me with my 600, but it has actually become my only launcher with the 650. and because of the memory crisis with the 650, i pay attention to bloated launchers; this one is not. it's under 300 mb, which isn't bad for an all-in-one easy access launcher.
    check it out. it's by hobbyist software.
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    i would recommend a launcher called Initate. frankly, it wasn't all that for me with my 600, but it has actually become my only launcher with the 650. and because of the memory crisis with the 650, i pay attention to bloated launchers; this one is not. it's under 300 mb, which isn't bad for an all-in-one easy access launcher.
    check it out. it's by hobbyist software.
    I sure hope it's under 300mb, otherwise you would need about 13 treo 650s just to run the program
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."

you know what i meant!!!
    under 300 kb

I'm sure you meant 300KB actually

OP, What about the programmable button on the side? Can you map that to your contacts?
    IDO are there any problems you have with that software and is it pretty programmable?
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    No problems at all! It's remarkably user-friendly; it has a 9 page instructional manual written in understandable terms, and it seems to fully support the 650 and the 5 way pad. No crashes or freezes using it either.