1.    #1  
    Just wondering when this is going to be up and running?

I've been bouncing around this (650) forum for about a month now and can hardly wait for the next one...

I must say I'm a little gun shy and will wait until well into the new year to pull the trigger.

I'll just languish with my Tungsten E and my LG until you guys finish duking it out.

Thanks to everyone!
    I just ordered my Treo 700! Should be here tomorrow!

Eric
  3.    #3  
    Hang on! I'm going to check e-bay for a coupon...
    I got a Treo 1000 with the ability to drive my car for me- it's a new technology called RedTooth
  5.    #5  
    Nope, not yet!
  6.    #6  
    And before I get flamed... I'm totally serious. I love this place and I'm hanging around until (and maybe a little after) I get one of these bad boys!
    hey i work with PalmOne so I understand how you feel I have to see what's bad and good about what people think
    I can see it already, someone is going to say the 700 will have something that it really doesn't and then you're just going to be disappointed. We'll hear more about how PalmOne lied and misrepresented itself again, and how they're going to go bankrupt because of their lack of customer focus...blah blah blah Maybe next time we should just not post anything about the new version until it comes out, then it will be like Christmas again....ooh did you see the size of the new screen, yeah and the built in WiFi, how about size of the memory now ;-)

oops, there I go starting it already, now someone is going to be pissed when the screen size is the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by IAM_CDN

I've been bouncing around this (650) forum for about a month now and can hardly wait for the next one...

I must say I'm a little gun shy and will wait until well into the new year to pull the trigger.

I'll just languish with my Tungsten E and my LG until you guys finish duking it out.

Thanks to everyone!
    I think the Treo 700 has been renamed Pocket Treo.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    The 700 will come with 33mb of RAM

"Age is only a number society has inflicted upon us to number our days on Earth."
    ~Stephen Todd
    The Treo 700 is rumoured to NOT include WiFi....
    If the Treo 700 doesn't have built in WiMax, an integrated hard drive and at least a 7 megapixel camera. It better have at least a 1024x768 screen too.

Otherwise, I am going back to my Motorola Startac! ;-)
    PalmOne is really missing out on a huge opportunity by not taking pre-orders for the 700 along with the 650. Oh wait, pre-orders don't mean anything at P1.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlipperyPete
    I can see it already, someone is going to say the 700 will have something that it really doesn't and then you're just going to be disappointed. We'll hear more about how PalmOne lied and misrepresented itself again, and how they're going to go bankrupt because of their lack of customer focus...blah blah blah Maybe next time we should just not post anything about the new version until it comes out, then it will be like Christmas again....ooh did you see the size of the new screen, yeah and the built in WiFi, how about size of the memory now ;-)

oops, there I go starting it already, now someone is going to be pissed when the screen size is the same.
    Whoa buckaroo...I think someone needs decaf.
    Quote Originally Posted by IAM_CDN

Thanks to everyone!

It's never to early for a Wishlist:

Treo 700:
    -512MB RAM (256 min)
    -Cobalt 6.x OS
    -Screen - same (this is one area I don't think needs fixing; they could make it a bit taller by reducing the earpiece area)
    -Bluetooth 2.0 (not 1.2; they already missed that boat, but it comes with Cobalt. ANd full implementation - no crippling)
    -Tri-band Wi-Fi (a/b/g); I'd settle for just b
    -50% thinner
    -50% lighter
    -50% more batter life
    -A second SDIO slot
    -Internal antenna
    -Dimmer controls on keyboard backlight
    - 2 MP camera, with controllable LED flash
    - USB 2.0 connection, (mini B type)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Whoa buckaroo...I think someone needs decaf.
    Sarcasm:
    1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain <tired of continual sarcasms>
    2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by treo650luvr
    The 700 will come with 33mb of RAM
    But will hold 1/3 less contacts than the 650
    Quote Originally Posted by SlipperyPete
    Sarcasm:
    1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain <tired of continual sarcasms>
    2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm
    Whatever helps you sleep at night...
    I heard that the 700 will have a gig of RAM, but only 12MB will be available to the user. I contain a hardware firewall and an anti-viral coating. The camera is only 50x50 pixels, but they are very bright and sharp. Perhaps the most significant upgrade is the XD expansion slot. The wireless off swich is hidden under the battery cover. The antenna os about half an inch longer, but it comes to a point - a much more convenient style according to Palm's research.
    The development that Palm is most excited about is the new Logo that changes color with the temperature!! You will always know when your phone is cold - the logo turns blue.
    The way PalmOne is going with the Treo 650... There won't be a 700. At least that's made by PalmOne....
    Ribbet!!