Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Thinking about the memory limitations, I wondered how many contacts I had in my database. My count showed 600, which was quite a bit more than I would have guessed. If I wanted to take the time, I could probably cut my number of contacts in half.

How many contacts do you have? If you have more than 600, do you really need that many?
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Over 900 and that is after cleaning it out. Yep need all of them. 300 alone are my customers who have all their numbers/contact info plus info like their kids name for the conversation. Many are impressed that I can take up with a conversation we had a year ago. Great tool the PIM.
    I've got about 450. I could probably delete 50 without much thought. But one of the advantages of keeping this kind of data in a database is the historical perspective. Just because I don't contact someone today, doesn't mean I won't want to look them up next month, or next year. The ability to answer questions like "Who was that guy I talked to about the wireless security software last year?" or "What was the number of that good looking soccer mom from my son's team last spring?" can be invaluable, even if I haven't talked to the person recently.

In short, I don't want to have to decide whether a contact is still important enough to keep. I don't think I should have to delete a bunch of contacts just to use the 650.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I'm in real estate; my company alone has 10,000 agents. Sending emails, calling other realtors, not to mention the HUNDREDS of clients I deal with is invaluable. Yep, the nomiker "smartphone" implies that its not just a phone; any carrier can give you a free one. I paid $500 for one that is supposed to do a heck of a lot more.
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    I've got 50
    383, growing about 100 per yr.

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    1500 Contacts... No problems here - I definitely need them...
    when you ask how many contacts, do yo mean how many total names or total individual phone numbers, email addresses, etc?
    where can lookup the count quickly on my phone (away from my desktop right now)?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    449 after doing some cleanup, T600 now says I have 16.9mb free, and the only app on the phone is aol 3.2, hope the transfer tomm goes smooth.
    Jeff
    To lookup Comtact info, press the Home button to get to your apps. Pop down the left menu and select Info. Once Info appears, select Records at the bottom. Now scroll to Contacts and check the number.

I'm up to 630.
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    To lookup Comtact info, press the Home button to get to your apps. Pop down the left menu and select Info. Once Info appears, select Records at the bottom. Now scroll to Contacts and check the number.

I'm up to 630.
    Did that but didn't believe it. I'm at 1008
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I've got about 600 and I'm using Agendus with Zlauncher moving everything to the card. I've got ALOT of other programs too, most on the card, and I'm showing 12.3MB free on my 650.

There is about a 1/4 second lag opening Agendus but I can live with it. It actually opens faster than the call log!
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    10881 Contacts with a few hundred duplicates from bad sync with outlook.
    I was all set to buy the GSM 650 but the RAM/Database issue may force me to hold off until the next generation.

Anyone tried to see if the simulator can accurately replicate the memory format and limits?
    755, wow and I don't consider my self a poweruser. And that is cleaned out when I moved to 600. I guess that is what happens with almost 4 years with PDAPhones.
    Quote Originally Posted by jberger
    10881 Contacts with a few hundred duplicates from bad sync with outlook.
    jberger, have you tried Undupe ? -- it gets rid of duplicate entries (in calendar, contacts, memos, and tasks) caused by bad syncs. A must-have app!

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I've got about 900. I sync my company's Notes based phone directory. It would be alot of work to cut it lower than this.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast