Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm getting antsy and have been trying to wait, but it's getting harder. G2 is a definite no go, and same with the bt250. I'm guessing it's going to be the HS810/20 or one of the Sony ericssons??
    I have just returned my bt250 - it was scratchy and tunnel sounding - truly awful product. I don't know if this is a fluke - and a bad one got by the Jabra QA process (if there is one), if my 650 is not a good communicator, or the bt250 is just a piece of junk to start out with. For all I know, all bluetooth headsets will sound this way. (I sure hope not.)

I am curious why you say the G2 is a definite no go - have you tried one? (It was going to be my next choice.)

Can anyone recommend a solid product in this area? Is there a review of them all where I could choose my next attempt?

Anyone have any ideas?

TIA
    Ok, I've tried the Jabra 200 (no good), the Bluetrek G2 (too quiet and the microphone breaks up a lot), and now the Motorola 820. So far the 820 wins overall but people say I am very quiet on the end. May get the 810 on the way home to see if the boom mike being closer to the face makes a difference.

-Gadgetpro
  4.    #4  
    Well, all the people here have said the G2 was crap, so that's why I decided against that. I am curious to know about the Moto 810/820. Please keep us updated on which you prefer.
    Thanks
    I got the 820 over the weekend and so far I am not too satisfied. This is my first BT headset so I am a rookie, but so far i have not been able to figure out all the features, or lack of features. It is not that easy to use. Once i get it to work the reception in my home office is pretty good (10-15 feet), especially since i have all sorts of wireless gadgets. Volume on max is OK, could be louder. The fit takes some getting used to, feels like it is very loose. I am hoping someone with a little more BT experience can provide some more details on their experience with the 820.
    what are people's thoughts on the new jabra bt800? It looks very cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbroad572
    Well, all the people here have said the G2 was crap, so that's why I decided against that. I am curious to know about the Moto 810/820. Please keep us updated on which you prefer.
    Thanks
    I am a first time bluetooth user, and I purchased the G2, and I love it! I can here calls great, without it being turned all the way up, and my wife says I sound great on her end. Fits in my ear nice, and I wear glasses, which I thought would be a big issue.
    is there a website i can buy the moto 820?
    Quote Originally Posted by pistol_pete
    is there a website i can buy the moto 820?
    The best and cheapest place is Dans Cellular on Ebay
    is it compatibale with the treo 600?
    is it compatibale with the treo 600?
    If 600 was not a typo...

The 810 in combination with the Jabra A210 dongle is by far the best wireless headset option available for the 600.

I tried tons of options and that seemed to work the best. I actually think the seamless functionality of it is better than the built in Bluetooth on the 650

Auto standby, cuts right thru with out going calls, answer/end is flawless, etc..
    so i would have to get the jabra a210 also? sorry if i seem really stupid but this is the first time i'm trying to buy a bluetooth headset..
    so i would have to get the jabra a210 also? sorry if i seem really stupid but this is the first time i'm trying to buy a bluetooth headset..

Do you have a 650 or a 600?
    Anyone considering the Bluespoon Digital, don't waste your money. The volume level is horrible with the 650. I'm boxing mine up and returning it.

I also tried the Motorola but I didn't care for the way it dangled around my ear.
    The Motorola HS850 is the best headset on the market. It is brand new so you might have problems finding one. It is basically the HS810 with all of the volume problems fixed. Here is a Link to a review on trusted reviews. Don't waste your time with the G2, BT200, or BT250. The HS810 is great but has low volume. The HS820 has issue with the person the other end hearing you.
    Of all of the Bluetooth headsets being discussed which will be most comfortable for someone who wears glasses?

(I am most interested in the Motorola HS850)
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    I am a first time bluetooth user, and I purchased the G2, and I love it! I can here calls great, without it being turned all the way up, and my wife says I sound great on her end. Fits in my ear nice, and I wear glasses, which I thought would be a big issue.
    I bought the G2 BECAUSE I saw some good comments in here. I sure hope mine works as well as you say yours does. It is amazing that there are such drastic differences in opinion on this headset. I wonder if location and other reception issues are the main factor. Having said that, let me ask a question. I asked in another thread, same subject but I lost the thread name. When I tried to seat my G2 on my ear, I couldn't really tell if that little arm goes from behind or the front. The whole thing felt like it was barely on my ear. Do you have some advice on how you got this thing to stay on secure and which way that little arm goes?
    Thanks,
    Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by DMGoldie
    Of all of the Bluetooth headsets being discussed which will be most comfortable for someone who wears glasses?

(I am most interested in the Motorola HS850)
    HS850 is in stock at mobilefly.com for $119. You can preorder it at blueheadsets.com for $105 and it will ship next week. I went the blueheadsets route because they were throwing in a free car charger and lifetime replacement. Several european sites have reviews and a couple domestic sites as well. It really seems to have addressed the major issues with the HS810.
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    I bought the G2 BECAUSE I saw some good comments in here. I sure hope mine works as well as you say yours does. It is amazing that there are such drastic differences in opinion on this headset. I wonder if location and other reception issues are the main factor. Having said that, let me ask a question. I asked in another thread, same subject but I lost the thread name. When I tried to seat my G2 on my ear, I couldn't really tell if that little arm goes from behind or the front. The whole thing felt like it was barely on my ear. Do you have some advice on how you got this thing to stay on secure and which way that little arm goes?
    Thanks,
    Eric
    The hook goes up and around your ear. At the end of the hook it gets fatter, this part must come all the way around to the bottom of your earlob(where an earring might be) and it sits in that little dent behind your ear, where your ear ends, bringing the mic to slightly higher than a 45 degree angle. If you don't bring the hook all the way around, the earpiece will seem loose and flimsy(this was my mistake when I first received it, and the reason it was going back). Once you get it situated, it sits perfectly, and its so light you forget its there.

Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by kboogie
    HS850 is in stock at mobilefly.com for $119. You can preorder it at blueheadsets.com for $105 and it will ship next week. I went the blueheadsets route because they were throwing in a free car charger and lifetime replacement. Several european sites have reviews and a couple domestic sites as well. It really seems to have addressed the major issues with the HS810.
    Do you know if the HS850 supports the Handsfree bluetooth profile?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast