View Poll Results: Is your 650 defective?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nope, works great out of the box

79 79.80%
  • Minor defect, will live with it / swap it out later

9 9.09%
  • Major defect, very bummed

11 11.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well, there is some rumblings about the defect rate on Treo 650s.

Let's hope it's not a 600 redux.

So vote now (only those who have one, please), and share with the rest.

Note: Anything "as designed", ex. memory, filesystem, etc does NOT count as a defect. Please only note actual manufacturing/performance issues; ex. screen, mic, etc).

Thanks.
  2.    #2  
    120 views and no voters.

I guess the lucky ones are too busy playing.
    Kind of cuious Mike, do you own a 650 or is this just another post looking to bash PalmOne?
    I've owned a 650 (since Friday 11/19- should have been Thursday but Stupid Sprint Rebate Form).

Mine has been great since I unwrapped it.
    I have had problems with my desktop software but I think it is because I use WindowsME, which while the documentation doesn't mention it being supported, it doesn't say it isn't either. Guess my problems say it isn't compatabile huh?

Guess I get a new laptop so my Treo 650 has a friend to play with!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by SlipperyPete
    Kind of cuious Mike, do you own a 650 or is this just another post looking to bash PalmOne?

Kinda curious, Pete, are just trying to be smart-aleck, or is there a deeper problem going on?

I own over 200 Treos (600s). Still waiting, like many people for my 650s to arrive (have over 50 on order). So for a "Palm basher", I'm probably more commited than 99% of people on TC.

Just trying to get people's experiences; this happened with the 600...oh wait, you just joined TC, so you probably haven't had a chance to review the archives on the other board.

As the title says, SAND.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by JustMike
    I've owned a 650 (since Friday 11/19- should have been Thursday but Stupid Sprint Rebate Form).

Mine has been great since I unwrapped it.
    I have had problems with my desktop software but I think it is because I use WindowsME, which while the documentation doesn't mention it being supported, it doesn't say it isn't either. Guess my problems say it isn't compatabile huh?

Guess I get a new laptop so my Treo 650 has a friend to play with!
    Glad to hear it.

WindowsME? Yikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Glad to hear it.

WindowsME? Yikes.
    Yeah, scary huh? I've had this Compag Presario 1200Z laoptop since 1998 though and it has served me well under heavy use. It is starting too get long in the tooth though.
    Hey you don't have to over compensate to impress me, it was just a simple question. The only reason I asked was because everything I've read from you lately is nothing but negative. Was just a little curious why you were staring a poll thats all...talk about issues

Kinda curious, Pete, are just trying to be smart-aleck, or is there a deeper problem going on?

I own over 200 Treos (600s). Still waiting, like many people for my 650s to arrive (have over 50 on order). So for a "Palm basher", I'm probably more commited than 99% of people on TC.

Just trying to get people's experiences; this happened with the 600...oh wait, you just joined TC, so you probably haven't had a chance to review the archives on the other board.

As the title says, SAND.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by JustMike
    Yeah, scary huh? I've had this Compag Presario 1200Z laoptop since 1998 though and it has served me well under heavy use. It is starting too get long in the tooth though.

Long in the tooth?

I'd say more like dead, buried, and resurrected.

Glad it's working for ya.
    I'm actually glad to see this poll, because I've been a little discouraged about the quality based on all these negative posts. Good to see that the overwhelming majority of the 650's work great out of the box.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    WindowsME? Yikes.
    I'm gonna give it a go with Win98 tonight....
  12.    #12  
    Hey you don't have to over compensate to impress me, it was just a simple question. The only reason I asked was because everything I've read from you lately is nothing but negative. Was just a little curious why you were staring a poll thats all...talk about issues
    Sure, Petey, keep telling yourself that.

No overcompensation going on, just the facts. And I am a big Treo fan and booster, but it does not make me fanatically blind.

It was not a simple question from you, but a goad. If you want to do that, 'tis your choice.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by techjunkie
    I'm actually glad to see this poll, because I've been a little discouraged about the quality based on all these negative posts. Good to see that the overwhelming majority of the 650's work great out of the box.
    Techjunkie got it right...

This helps us understand the signal-to-noise ration with the 650 complaints/praise stuff.

This doesn't address the memory issue, that is another poll. ;-)
    I'm going back to My Treo 600. That works great, not like the Treo 650.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Jeez...I remember when they did one of these polls when the Treo 600 came out so people who were complaining about its quality had a place to vent.

Anybody else remember that?
    Hey SlipperyPete

First you attack this guy, erroneously accusing him of being a non-owning palm basher. Then when he gives you a very reasonable response, indicating his extent of ownership, you bash him for over compensating and trying to impress. A simple apology would have worked much better.

He doesn't seem to have problems, but it sure seems that you do. JMHO

Pete
    Pete,
    Mikec may seem controversial and negative, but its really more just a case of someone telling it as they see it. He doesn't mince words and he doesn't hold back. Yeah, sometimes that can get a person in a little bit of hot water, but he's not shy.

Give him the benefit of the doubt and if you don't like the poll move on to the next thread. No big deal.....
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Confucius says: "happy people donít complain"
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  19.    #19  
    Fittske - Confucius was right.

Otto, PeteLP, thanks for providing perspective.

And just so SlipperyPete knows there are no hard feelings, I think he has a great avatar (I am serious).
    From what I'm reading, there are some real issues with the 650. The fat memory problem is unbelievable.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast