View Poll Results: Is your 650 defective?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nope, works great out of the box

79 79.80%
  • Minor defect, will live with it / swap it out later

9 9.09%
  • Major defect, very bummed

11 11.11%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Fittske - Confucius was right.

Otto, PeteLP, thanks for providing perspective.

And just so SlipperyPete knows there are no hard feelings, I think he has a great avatar (I am serious).

Otto? Is that me??
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  2.    #22  
    Sorry about that Otter....for some reason I have Otto on the brain...probably because of the Ottoman Empire.

Now the Otterman Empire, that's a force to be reconded with...
    Glaring red stuck pixel dead center and not so obvious stuck blue one just to the right of it. Will try for a swap through P1 and Sprint, but will return and re-order if necessary.

Other than that, it's simply AWESOME.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gregg G. - New Orleans, LA
    Treo 700p on Sprint
    The plastic screen cover had bubbles. If that was meant just as shipping no prob - if it's a protector ... well, I had to remove it.

I went from 7MB free on my 600 to 500K free. Mostly due to outlines in Bonsai it seems. I'm now storing them on the SD card, and will no longer be able to edit them on the pc and sync em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie
    The plastic screen cover had bubbles. If that was meant just as shipping no prob - if it's a protector ... well, I had to remove it.

I went from 7MB free on my 600 to 500K free. Mostly due to outlines in Bonsai it seems. I'm now storing them on the SD card, and will no longer be able to edit them on the pc and sync em.

You might look at your files with Filez I had several duplicate files that were left behind from t600 and then duplicated from t650

That and purging my call log saved a ton of mem. I think the call log alone freed up over 5 meg

ON TOPIC...
    Hated mine for two days and now I am so happy I cant stand it I now know that the IR problem is a software conflict and not hardware. Hopefully I'll figure that out soon,

Glad I didn't take the poll a couple of days ago
    I'm pretty sure that was just for shipping--like the one on the back to protect the camera lense--as mine was bubbly, too.
  7.    #27  
    After 70 votes, about 80% thumbs up, 20% thumbs down.

Par for the course? We will see.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlipperyPete
    Kind of cuious Mike, do you own a 650 or is this just another post looking to bash PalmOne?
    Look, i've owned a Palm III, Palm VII, Treo 300, and Treo 600. If people want to complain about this current incarnation of the device, then most people here have paid their dues to do so.

If people are disappointed, their voices should be equally as loud as those who are pleased.

Innovation doesn't come from complacency (Palm), it comes from dissent (Handspring).

Too bad the latter sold out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Sorry about that Otter....for some reason I have Otto on the brain...probably because of the Ottoman Empire.

Now the Otterman Empire, that's a force to be reconded with...
    "Ottoman Empire" - Yeah I get that a lot. I will have to blog the story behind Otter Emperor to my site one day...yeah, thats it..
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie

Good one!

I am ALWAYS amazed when I visit a friend who has a phone or other device that's a few years old and it has a ratty piece of plastic covering the display that should have been removed immediately!

I am forever mystified that folks leave those little pieces of plastic shipping and handling protection on their devices like it belonged there.

BTW, the 650 ships with a screen protector on a separate sheet.

The tabbed plastic that covers the screen when you get it is meant to be removed, as is the little piece that covers the camera lens. Just in case anyone really was wondering.
    At a 80% positive rating I can't say that is encoraging me to upgrade from the T600.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12