1.    #1  
    Just got my Treo 600. Love it, but what is the ryhme or reason to the placement of special characters on the keyboard?

It is supposed to be QWERTY but the forward slash (/) is on the Q key, the plush sign (+) is on the W, and so on. I can't figure out what the underlying scheme is. Was there any though put into the placement of special characters?

It would help to know rather than simply memorizing what appears to be a random assignment scheme.

JD
    Quote Originally Posted by JDDallas
    Just got my Treo 600. Love it, but what is the ryhme or reason to the placement of special characters on the keyboard?

It is supposed to be QWERTY but the forward slash (/) is on the Q key, the plush sign (+) is on the W, and so on. I can't figure out what the underlying scheme is. Was there any though put into the placement of special characters?

It would help to know rather than simply memorizing what appears to be a random assignment scheme.

JD
    Don't think QWERTY so much. Think PHONE. Notice that the * and # keys are next to the 7 and 9 keys. This puts them near where they would be on a normal telephone. Placing the -, +, and / symbols near the * makes sense so that when you are using the calculator, the calculator symbols are grouped for easy access.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.