1.    #1  
    I'm new to Treo 600. Recently installed Butler 2.2. Although most of the documentation is clear, need clarification on the following features in Attention Grabber.

1. Attention Manager - You have to turn this on for the other items to work, right?

2. Incoming Call - Don't understand what this does. I'm guessing it means Attention Manager will execute an alert if I miss an incoming call?

3. Butler's Alarms - What does this do if checked? Again, I'm guessing, but does it mean if I have an Alarm defined to go off at a set time/date, Attention Manager will execute an alert if I do not immediately attend to the alarm?

4. Leave screen off - I understand what the documentation says this does, but when I activate it, my screen still comes on when I receive an SMS message.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to help a newbie.

Jd
    I am interested in the answer to question 4 as well. Turning that option on does not block SMS messages from lighting up the screen.

Thanks!
    1. I think that setting enables Butler to operate on the standard alert manager alerts. So if you have an application that uses the standard alert manager (that flashing asterisk) it will work with butler.

2. Exactly.

3. Yes.

4. I believe this is only for the repeat alarms, not for initial alerts. Try to enable "Hide SMS Popup" to keep the screen off. That may work.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    1. I think that setting enables Butler to operate on the standard alert manager alerts. So if you have an application that uses the standard alert manager (that flashing asterisk) it will work with butler.

2. Exactly.

3. Yes.

4. I believe this is only for the repeat alarms, not for initial alerts. Try to enable "Hide SMS Popup" to keep the screen off. That may work.
    keep screen off is just about the attention grabber alarm - do you want it to keep waking the screen to grab your attention.

if any of the others are still unclear - please post at my forun and I'll try to help (via www.hobbyistsoftware.com)
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre