Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I went and just did a straight order (hopefully I won't regret with the memory debacle), not the 30 day demo on the night of the 18th, sames as the road show. I have received the e-mail saying that the order was placed, and I should here something in 5 business days. Has anyone else who bought using the Coupon from DC heard anything yet?

I have heard that Vienna didn't have a stock on hand yet which amazes me. Maybe Palm is going to punish us a little since we complained about and criticized some of their decisions.

Anyone think Palm may be delaying for a memory fix and the Sprint ones got out before it was truely realized that people were going to make an issue about it?
    Well I ordered from Vienna channels after the DC roadshow as well. Just placed my order on the Palm site as well with the free bluetooth headset. Since I've been without my Treo 600 for over a month, I'm hoping an order direct to palm will get here faster. Then I can sell the second one off once it comes
    I haven't heard anything since I got the first e-mail confirmation (same as what you received). I ordered on the 18th as well.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    I never even got a confirmation email.

I emailed Jeff yesterday and he said 2-3 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by RWerksman
    I never even got a confirmation email.

I emailed Jeff yesterday and he said 2-3 weeks.
    That seems to be the stock answer these days.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Well than I dont regret placing a second order with PalmOne. I cant see why I'll have any problem selling an unopened Treo 650 for the price i bought it, $599
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I haven't heard back yet.
    I placed my VC order as soon as I got home from the DC roadshow last week Thursday. My order number was 12XX, which I assume is cumulative. I sent Jeff Marinangel an email yesterday asking about my order, and that if the order numbers are indeed cumulative, where do I stand in regards to actual SPCS Treo 650 orders. Here is his reply...

..."We have roughly 440 orders in for the Sprint model. I am not yet clear as to how many devices we will receive initially. There is a chance you could ship in the second allotment. I am trying to get more info and will hopefully know more some time soon."...

CGordonn
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    I haven't even ordered yet =) Figured I wouldn't be getting it any time soon and don't mind the wait. I've never owned a TREO, so I don't have the suspense that some of you are experiencing. I'll probably order mine tomorrow or on the 30th. I'd be happy if I got it before Christmas, but in the scheme of things, doesn't really matter to me so long as I eventually get it. I'll post if I get some response other than what you all have been told when I order.
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget
    That seems to be the stock answer these days.
    unless you are waiting for gsm and the stock answer is 4-5 weeks.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    unless you are waiting for gsm and the stock answer is 4-5 weeks.
    Yeah, that would bite, wouldn't it?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

4-5 wks for GSM? Really... that would be good news!

Todd/Indy
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen
    4-5 wks for GSM? Really... that would be good news!

Todd/Indy
    Actually, you're right, considering that the expected ship date is some time in 2005.

That not only sucks, it also blows.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

I ordered about an hour and a half after the morning roadshow ended. I'm order number 111x. Does that means at least 90 people ordered after me? Given that order numbers are in the 1100s and 1200s, I'm not sure how to reconcile that with "440 orders received." I wonder what the lowest order number was?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    I ordered about an hour and a half after the morning roadshow ended. I'm order number 111x. Does that means at least 90 people ordered after me? Given that order numbers are in the 1100s and 1200s, I'm not sure how to reconcile that with "440 orders received." I wonder what the lowest order number was?
    Keep in mind that there are probably hundreds of people that tried to illegally use roadshow coupons. Those people that didn't attend would have gotten order numbers from the system, but then their orders would have been rejected once someone cross-checked against attendance. If the system is numbering sequentially, then it's probable that 90+ orders went in after yours (My number was in the 1100s as well). But who's to say that ALL 90+ (or all 1200+) will be legitimate?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Recieved following e-mail from Dexter Siglin (palmOne East Regional Sales Manager) this a.m. in response to my query: There will be an "unlocked" GSM version available in late December, however its really up to the carriers (ATT and Cingular) as to when they launch there GSM models. Regarding the Vienna channels orders, yes, you are correct in that it will take a couple months for those to ship.
    All the coupons (from all the roadshows) are only good until the 30th so maybe some of the orders were from other roadshow attendees. Also if you are doing one of the pilot programs you could have 6 on order and if the pilot was initiated after the SF show for example than meybe it went in about the time you guys were looking at order numbers.

I would think that by now people would realize that the coupon orders are validated by actual attendance and if you didn't go you aren't getting a treo with coupon information.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by nymjk
    Recieved following e-mail from Dexter Siglin (palmOne East Regional Sales Manager) this a.m. in response to my query: There will be an "unlocked" GSM version available in late December, however its really up to the carriers (ATT and Cingular) as to when they launch there GSM models. Regarding the Vienna channels orders, yes, you are correct in that it will take a couple months for those to ship.
    I hope you are only talking about the GSM version and not saying the Sprint version will take a couple of months. That would be stupid to screw people who attended your product demos. I ordered the Sprint version and I am in the 1200s for order number.
    from nymjk, quoting p1:

"Regarding the Vienna channels orders, yes, you are correct in that it will take a couple months for those to ship."

Are you sure about this?
    I ordered my Sprint version after the Dallas show on Nov 5th. I am order number 498 or 499. Somewhere around there. I guess that more that half the people are ordering gsm and the others are ordering sprint (440 sprint models as per Jeffs reply). I hope I ship in the first allotment.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast