Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    i heard back from vienna regarding my unlocked gsm order...i was told 5-8 weeks.
    Well if indeed the order numbers are sequential, then I would assume the 1200 or so orders ahead of my order number would / could be made up of the following...

1. legit orders for SPCS 650's
    2. legit orders for GSM 650's
    3. legit orders for any flavor of 600's
    4. bogus orders from those who didnt attend the roadshow

Hopefully VC will get a sufficient stock supply to cover the SPCS 650 orders as these are the only versions of 650's currently available.

CGordonn
    Okay, now the question is how many of you made a flat out PURCHASE from VC and how many of you opted for the 30-day demo plan.

I went for the demo plan and now I am second guessing myself. Do you think that the actual PURCHASES will take shipping priority over the 30-day demo orders?

K
    I opted for the purchase. I would hope the actual purchase orders would take priority over the demo orders, after all thats cash in hand for p1.

CGordonn
    does the confirmation number on the vc orders reflect the number of your order from all all roadshows or just from the one you attended?
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TDHOGGS
    does the confirmation number on the vc orders reflect the number of your order from all all roadshows or just from the one you attended?
    All of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed
    Okay, now the question is how many of you made a flat out PURCHASE from VC and how many of you opted for the 30-day demo plan.
    K
    I initially went for the purchase option but with all the memory limitation talk, I had it changed to a 30-day demo..... I also think that the demo units (used) would be available immediately for shipment, but the new units need to be shipped from P1 to VC first. So it would take longer for the new ones???
    I just ordered with overnight shipping and got a confirmation order.
    I got tired of reading about the Vienna Channels delays and waiting. So I got mine on its way.
    I gotta call back for tracking number but was told that my unit is in the warehouse!!!
    When my Vienna Channels comes I'll ebay it.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by GiggleBush
    I just ordered with overnight shipping and got a confirmation order.
    I got tired of reading about the Vienna Channels delays and waiting. So I got mine on its way.
    I gotta call back for tracking number but was told that my unit is in the warehouse!!!
    When my Vienna Channels comes I'll ebay it.

This may be the way to go. I could ebay a 650 and a 600 and get the 650 quicker. I'll have to look at that option since Vienna seems to be as good as Palm on having their act together.
    That (440 orders) cannot be correct. My order is #636. Jeff did email me say 2-3 more weeks. I cannto imagine a company working so close to Palm only to be last to get product.

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Vienna Channels looks like a company that does Promotions for hire.
    I think Palmone hired them to manage the RoadShow coupons, which kinda explains the delay???
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen
    4-5 wks for GSM? Really... that would be good news!

Todd/Indy

oops, should be 4-8 weeks.

feel better?

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34
    That (440 orders) cannot be correct. My order is #636. Jeff did email me say 2-3 more weeks. I cannto imagine a company working so close to Palm only to be last to get product.

IGO
    My take from his quote was that he was saying he placed orders for 440 inthe first shipment.
    That could easily be how many 650 orders he's gotten. While you're order #636 that doesn't mean all 636 in front of you ordered 650s as well. A number of those could be 600's or the GSM 650.

My belief though, is that they had no idea this was going to be that popular and he placed an order for 440 some time ago. He may get 440 in that first shipment then the rest of us have to wait some time for him to place another order for more.
    I ordered two for my company (for me and another employee that attended with me) with coupons through VC on the 19th and got the standard 5 business day email (order #12XX). I also ordered two the same day from Sprint for my Boss and his wife. They are at home right now playing with their new phones...

I went for the demo plan and now I am second guessing myself. Do you think that the actual PURCHASES will take shipping priority over the 30-day demo orders?

K
    I went for the GSM 650 purchase. DC roadshow. Order # = 11xx

K
    Flat purchase GSM mid 200's. But offered demo sooner for 2 of 5 additional. requested. I think it will depend on if you are a low number demo or high. But got impression demos releasing soon.
    Has anyone tried to convert a purchase to a 30 day demo ???

possible???
  18.    #38  
    I have been debating on whether or not to attempt this with the memory debacle. PalmOne has now admitted they screwed up to the world by offering the 128 MB SD card as a workaround until a ROM fix is available. This is saying basically "We screwed up, please take this and shut up until we fix it, or until the 700 is available." I think I will still come out ahead since the VC is such a good deal, but I am very upset with Palm because either of the two scenarios happend: they did not make this public until yesterday even though they likely new about it, or they did not know about it because their testing staff is incompitent and did not test this out with real world user data. I think I will be fine since I have 12 MB of mem free on my 600, but I still have reservations about Palm now that this situation has happened as it did.
    Ok its 11/26/04.. are any of us going to get our Vienna Channels orders? Maybe P1 is doing all of us(Vienna Channels orders) a favor by fixing the memory issues before sending out our T650's. yea right. I think we will be lucky to see it before 12/25/04.
    Last edited by tarkwolf; 11/26/2004 at 06:37 AM.
    Earlier this week someone got an email from VC saying it would be 3-4 weeks before THEY (Viennachannels) got the 650's so expect it to be at least that long before they start filling the first orders. If you're near the end of the orders expect it to be even longer.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast