Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Since the palmone status thread was getting so long. I thought a new one might be useful.

As of 11:10 this morning, I am now in posessin of my new Treo 650 ordered from PalmOne on Thursday November 18, along with the Jabra BT250 earpiece.

Give me a chance to play, and i'll report back. Hope some of you others are beginning to receive yours as well.
    Did you have to sign for it or anything? I'm always worried about that. Of course I'm at work and the phone is being delivered to my home.
  3.    #3  
    Unfortunately, I couldn't tell you. I am at work as well, and just had them deliver it here, where i knew someone would be here to receive it. So i'm not sure if they required a signature or not.
    You do have to sign for it. My front office signs for it, but the fedex lady was at work, I stopped her and she had it in the truck. Now I just have to list it on ebay or find someone to buy it since I already have one.
    So does anyone have a solution for something like this. Can I call FedEx and have them re-route it to my work? Can I have them give me notice of when to be there (I live very close to my work)?

Sorry for hijacking this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    So does anyone have a solution for something like this. Can I call FedEx and have them re-route it to my work? Can I have them give me notice of when to be there (I live very close to my work)?

Unfortunately, a delivery attempt must be made before the address can be changed. In my experience, though, FedEx is a lot better than UPS in leaving the package in the door or with a neighbor/office. Leaving a note on the door may or may not work, but it's worth a shot.
    You might be able to get them to reroute it, but that will certainly push delivery till tomorrow. Your other option is to call and ask them to hold it at the local FedEx facility tonight, and go pick it up yourself (generally by 9pm, in metro areas). I've chased down many an electronics shipment this way.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    You can't reroute it on the same day. If they did not leave the package, they will leave a release for you to leave at the door, and you can pick it up at the FedEx station at the end of the next business day. They will not redeliver to a new address.
    Their is suspost to be a form that you fill out so they can leave it at your door step.
    Last edited by Goldfinger; 11/23/2004 at 10:54 AM.

If you know your FedEx person, you might want to casually drive around the delivery area and if you see him or her, politely ask if they have a package for you.

I did that last year for a different product, and the driver was very happy to accommodate me.

Clue
    I figured that I couldn't reroute it the same day, but I can wait as long as it's possible. I guess I'm going to have to wait. I hope this doesn't get into Thanksgiving.
    Pick it up tonight at the local Fedex facility (I do this all the time). OR, call Fedex's 800 number, tell them you want to sign their form which allows their drivers to leave anything at your doorstep without a signature. Assuming you're comfortable with this, you won't have to worry about this problem in the future either. They'll let you download or FAX to you a form which you can FAX back. No idea if it'll take effect for today's shipment, but it does work for future shipments.
    Thanks for the pile of advice here. I ran home and they hadn't yet come, so I'm going to try the note thing to see if they'll leave it. If they can't do that then I'll tell them to leave it aside in the warehouse tonight. I"m feeling much better about this now.
    You should be able to go TONIGHT and get it from your local Fedex place. Last time I did that, they said I could just come in with the tracking # and ID - they didn't even need the "missed you while you were out..." note!

Thats why I like Fedex better than UPS if you're not home.

By the way, my 650 was scheduled to come in from Sprint last Friday afternoon. I knew that it was signature required, so on my way home Thursday night I saw the UPS guy in the neighborhood. I told him that I would not be around to accept the shipment Friday night, so he left me an InfoNotice form to sign and said he'd leave it for me. Worked like a charm!
    If you write a note, make sure you SIGN it like you would a document/contract.
    Mines here. Ordered Thursday November 18th at 4pm Pacific time and delivered just now. 9:58am

must not open until work finished

ahhhhhh screw work!!!
    Just rec'd my 11/10 order.

Good luck to everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacknell
    Just rec'd my 11/10 order.

Good luck to everyone else.
    Congrats to all of you! I can't believe the fella who ordered on 18th already got his while I ordered on 13th. Incredibly crappy supply system.

Eric
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Mine arrived at 10:45 AM EST. It will be a Happy Thanksgiving. Less Turkey and Football and I will gorge on my new Treo!
    Last edited by emajy; 11/23/2004 at 03:59 PM.
    not only did mine arrive today, but they sent me two. Yup, while you are waiting for yours, I got mine and someone elses.

Norrin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast