Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Kinoma Player 3 EX is out and supports QuickTime MPEG-4 video. Anyone try this yet?
    Could you provide a link. I don't see this on their website.
  3.    #3  
    That's weird, I went back and couldn't find it either.

Here is the page for the download though.
  4.    #4  
    I found this excellent feature list page.
  5.    #5  
    Ahhhh! They are dropping the pricing of the producer; but in turn, charging for the player.

Boooooo.
    dose this mean that you can play DVD through it with that DVD software(cant remeber the name)
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  7.    #7  
    SWEET!

Finally, an AAC Player!

Hallelujah!

They got my money after all.
  8.    #8  
    Interesting, it is optimised for OS 6.

Found this too:

Kinoma Producer 3 is a complete package for those wishing to publish video, audio and still images on Palm-Powered Handhelds. It includes video conversion, video export, movie layout compositing, AAC ripping, and much more. It redefines the way consumers will share their handheld video memories with friends, family and colleagues, and provides a great way to archive aging videotapes onto the durable, digital medium of MPEG-4. Kinoma Producer 3 includes Kinoma's revolutionary hardware presets feature, allowing users to quickly select their target handheld without having know about how the device works. Kinoma Producer 3 itself does all the needed modifications.
    how much will an upgrade cost?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    how much will an upgrade cost?
    Version 3 is free, unless you want MPEG-4 Video, Advanced Audio Coding (AAC), M4A Unprotected Files, MQV Files, QuickTime Files and 3GP Compatibility; then the player is $9.99.

I just tested the EX version player to see if my AAC files (.m4a) would work and they do. Yeeaaaahhh! So does 5-way navigation. You can sort songs by title, artist and album. AND it displays my album art. Yeahhh!

I love you Kinoma.

There are 5 icons in the upper right that you can select (toggle through by hitting the space bar). Each icon dislays the list of files that it represents; movies, music, photos, interactive content and finally all content. I will try encoding MPEG video content later.

My new "all" encompassing media player.

Unlike PocketTunes the song would not start back up after recieving a call though. But you can turn the screen off and you can stream in content.

This is so perfect. I will probably run across something soon that I don't like though.
    I used Kinoma Producer 3 to encode some music videos to MPEG4 with AAC stereo.

You MUST be using Kinoma Player 3 EX in order to view these videos, but the quality on my Treo 650 is AMAZING!

Highly recommend this combo!

Best wishes!
    I still not sure if I should go with this, or mmplayer and use some other program to convert the files. I need to download some same movies to test this out.
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    I just tested the EX version player to see if my AAC files (.m4a) would work and they do. Yeeaaaahhh! So does 5-way navigation. You can sort songs by title, artist and album. AND it displays my album art. Yeahhh!
    Archie,

Are you saying that I can play AAC protected songs from my iTunes Playlist in my Treo? Does the free version do this? I'm using Kinoma Version 2.2 right now just for movie viewing and I think I will upgrade.
    Ed

It's a Beautiful Day in Waiehu! http://edgarces.com
  14.    #14  
    I have a bunch of .m4a AAC stuff that I ripped from CDs for high quality. That and about 20-some iTMS songs that I exported out of iMovie (I think version 2.02 and probably also 2.0) without recompressing and stripped the DRM off. That was cool but it didn't last. I made the mistake of upgrading to a newer version of iMovie and now haven't been able to retrieve it. (Is iMovie 2 on the Jaguar system discs)

To date, I have not been able to play the unmodified .m4p AAC songs from iTMS. You can actually change the name using somethings like FileZ and see the progress head showing the elapsed time move across the screen and you can see the album art but there is no volume indicator and no sound.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger
    I still not sure if I should go with this, or mmplayer and use some other program to convert the files. I need to download some same movies to test this out.
    Couldn't tell you. I have never used mmplayer. Kinoma 3 EX Player is 10 bucks for all the cool features, mmplayer is free. That's about all I know.
    Actually MMPlayer isn't free. You can try it out and it will play the first 30 seconds or so.
    Can I use it to convert DVD to a format that Kinoma can use?
    I can't find a purchase link??
    I just bought the player and it works great.

i also bought the Producer and they gave me an invald serial number so I can onoly use it for 2 days.

They need to give me a right serial number or this is fraud.

It looks great tho.
    Can the player play native files or do you have to use the producer to convert them to a kinoma format first?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast