Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Does anyone know how to use Kinoma Producer 3.0.1 to convert a DVD for use with Kinoma Player? Do I need more software?
    "Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere... Write that down."
    -Van Wilder
    Quote Originally Posted by bobva6
    Does anyone know how to use Kinoma Producer 3.0.1 to convert a DVD for use with Kinoma Player? Do I need more software?
    u will need some type of software to decrypt the dvd into a file format that kinoma can read/convert.

if you dont want to buy mmplayer, you can just get pocket dvd studio which will convert it to avi and then convert the avi with kinoma producer.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    u will need some type of software to decrypt the dvd into a file format that kinoma can read/convert.

if you dont want to buy mmplayer, you can just get pocket dvd studio which will convert it to avi and then convert the avi with kinoma producer.

If that's the case what is the point of Kinoma?
    "Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere... Write that down."
    -Van Wilder
    Latest versions of MMPlayer and Kinoma players both cost money.
    You can use a free version of Kinoma but it's limited in what formats it supports.
    Kinoma player sync is much better, images typically a little sharper.
    Kinoma Producer costs.
    DIVX and MPEG creators for MMPlayer range from free to not free.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobva6
    If that's the case what is the point of Kinoma?
    i have pocketdvd for palm and mmplayer to play the files. it work pretty well.

i also have kinoma which i use to convert mpg of tv recordings.

i have only watch 1 (maybe 2 movies) on my 600, while I have been watching a lot of tv shows lately.

I started in anticipation of me getting the 650.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Could someone please give their comparison between (1) the built-in player (2) kinoma (3) mmplayer in terms of smoothness and sharpness? File sizes and ease of conversion are NOT a concern of mine, so please do not compare these. I don't care how large the files are or how hard they are to convert. I'm only interested in viewing 1 and 2 minute trailers, but I do want them at FULL MOTION (ie no less than 24 or 30 fps depending on the source). Can someone please give a comparison on these in terms of sharpness and smoothness? Thanks!
    I have both the producer 3 and player ex. I mostly wanted to use it to make streams. It worked well on my player/producer 2 but it does nothing but crash my treo on the upgrade.

Pros: Nothing Yet

Cons:
    1. If I could ever get it to stream movie files again it can only do it with the Kinoma files .pdb and not quicktime or Mpeg4. This is a big disadvantage to getting content. Kinoma is difficult for me to get a Preset for my ATI AIW MMC. I want this preset. I want to stream from my Home Media PC through as a webserver to my treo. Its the holy grail.

Until they get it togethor and cooperate to achieve a streamable stable movie file which is easily produced by comercial capture card vendors save your money.
    Kinoma 3ex is slightly sharper than MMPlayer and much better at keep audio sync.
    Haven't tried 24/30fps much at this point.
    Kinoma encodes dorect from WMV files which is good.
    Downloaded Kill Bill, Star Wars V(empire strikes back) and Blade Runner fAVIs from a site where they were encoded for Treo 600 using mmplayer and they crash all the time
    (person encoded audio @ 48k)

Im going to recode them all using Kinoma and I'm sure I will get better results.
    "Always changing; everything for good, nothing for nothing."—Flying Hawk, Sioux Chief

Jonn Nubian/First Generation Urban/Brown Eyed Intelligence

My sites mobile formatted for the Treo
    here
    I'm using it. In fact, it's the only player I have ever used. It seems to be ok, but I have nothing to compare it to. I haven't found anyway to display full screen w/o the controls though. Anyone know if this is possible?
    Kinoma is nice in that it plays AAC, which is the primary Apple iTunes format.

Still, Pocket Tunes has a much better interface, streams Shoutcast, is more forgiving with SD Card music location and plays in the background.

Pocket Tunes would be perfect if it played AAC files!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234