1.    #1  
    I am using Versamail with my POP server from COX (smtp.central.cox.net). All of my emails have worked except for one address. When i send to
    anyaddress@vimarketing.com I get this error:
    550 relaying mail to vimarketing.com is not allowed
    What is weird though is I can go to outlook and send it on the same smtp and it works perfectly. Any ideas?

UPDATE: I am now having problems with every email.
    Last edited by treo650luvr; 11/23/2004 at 08:55 AM.

"Age is only a number society has inflicted upon us to number our days on Earth."
    ~Stephen Todd
  2.    #2  
    bump....HELP!!!! please

"Age is only a number society has inflicted upon us to number our days on Earth."
    ~Stephen Todd
    treo650luvr, may be a long shot, but I assume on your 650 you are connected via your PCS vision services?
    If so might I suggest using the smtp.sprintpcs.com server. OR the i.p. of 63.167.114.16 and you MUST put in your sprint email address and the password for the EMAIL not the vision, two different things there. Trust me I ran into the same issues you have here it would appear using my T608 bluetooth with my palm zire72. try this and let me know.
    Law school is a 3 year exersize in mind control--Thomas Newcomb

N400(P.O.S. )-->S.E. T608-->Treo 650-->moto rzr-->xv6700-->pn-820 but I really miss my Treo!!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_lady
    treo650luvr, may be a long shot, but I assume on your 650 you are connected via your PCS vision services?
    If so might I suggest using the smtp.sprintpcs.com server. OR the i.p. of 63.167.114.16 and you MUST put in your sprint email address and the password for the EMAIL not the vision, two different things there. Trust me I ran into the same issues you have here it would appear using my T608 bluetooth with my palm zire72. try this and let me know.
    I never used my Srint mail so I have no idea what my address or password is. i know my main account password but that's it.

~Stephen Todd
    You'll have to call SPCS CS and find out if you don't know it. I had the same problem and mac_lady's recc worked.
  6.    #6  
    I got it to work. I went to MyPCS online and changed the password. THANK YOU SO MUCH "mac lady". I really appreciate it.

~Stephen Todd
    No problem glad to help!! :-)
    Law school is a 3 year exersize in mind control--Thomas Newcomb

N400(P.O.S. )-->S.E. T608-->Treo 650-->moto rzr-->xv6700-->pn-820 but I really miss my Treo!!
    Quote Originally Posted by treo650luvr
    I am using Versamail with my POP server from COX (smtp.central.cox.net). All of my emails have worked except for one address. When i send to
    anyaddress@vimarketing.com I get this error:
    550 relaying mail to vimarketing.com is not allowed
    What is weird though is I can go to outlook and send it on the same smtp and it works perfectly. Any ideas?

UPDATE: I am now having problems with every email.
    Here is a solution when using Snappermail. It should work for you with versamail. Good luck
    Irv

I get relaying denied errors whenever I try to send mail. What's wrong?
    To send email, just like your desktop email client, SnapperMail talks to a SMTP server. A SMTP serverís sole function is to relay your messages on to their intended recipients. The SMTP server that SnapperMail attempts to use is the one you configure in the Server section of your account settings.

On a desktop you typically connect to your ISP and then use your ISP's SMTP server to send messages. However when you use SnapperMail, more commonly you are connecting to the Internet not via your ISP but through a wireless carrier. When this happens, your ISP recognizes that you are not connected to their network, instead it identifies you as an outsider - hence their SMTP server will shut you out with the "relaying denied" error.

To make SnapperMail send mail in this situation you have the following options:

See if your ISP's SMTP server supports authentication. If it does, simply fill in the SMTP username and password in your account settings. This will log you into the SMTP server allowing you to send email. We've got a list of common settings in our ISP configuration area.
    Before SMTP authentication became popular, some ISPs required you to log into your POP server before letting you send. If this is the case for your ISP, you can try checking the "POP before send" option in the server settings.
    If your wireless carrier offers a SMTP server, configure all of your accounts in SnapperMail to use your wireless carrier's SMTP. We've got a list of SMTP servers for some common wireless carriers on our ISP configuration area.
    Sign up to a third party mail service which will give you access to a SMTP server that supports authentication. You can then configure all of your mail accounts to use this SMTP server. We recommend FastMail, their service is fast and reliable.
    I am having this same problem with my email from work on versamail. I have a pop3 incoming mail and a smtp outgoing mail. I have tried all of your suggestions.

I can get email from my work email but can not send:

These are my settings(sort of):

mail service: other
    protocal: pop

username: my username to log onto my centurytel account
    password: my centurytel password

email address: name@centurytel.net
    incoming mail server: mail.so.centurytel.net
    outgoing mail: I have used centurytels outgoing and also sprintpcs

advanced
    incoming port number 110

no checks

outgoing server settings
    port 25

ceck use authentication esmtp
    username: have used my centurytel login and sprint login
    password: have used my centurytel login and sprint login

I have unchecked esmtp and checked ssl still nothing works.

Any suggestions? I called centurytel and they said you have a what phone with who mail.

Also, I have the default versamail account working with my sprint name and password.
    Hey Mij,

Hope this helps. My two cents anyway. I am the admin at our company, and was setting up my VP's versamail. It would receive mail fine, and send mail to internal users within our domain, but wouldn't send outside the domain. She would get the infamous 550 relay bounce. You may have to contact your sysadmin, because your other settings sound fine.
    We use old, archaic Exchange 5.5, and I had to go in make an exclude setting for the domain -- 'spintpcs.com' and told it to overide relay settings. The mail server thinks it's spam, so you're telling it to just let it on through, for the one specific domain. It was very frustrating, but it works fine now. It seems logical, but when Sprint support isn't worth s*** and you're scouring the web, it nice to get it to work. The Sprint tech on the phone said, "well yeah, that's a known issue, and it's hit or miss..." - and I'm thinking, I know it's an issue, that's why I'm calling you. Hope this helps. Say all this to say, you may want to check with your sysadmin, and have them take a look at whatever mail server you use, for appropriate settings.