Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The keyboard backlight on the 650 is vey nice, but sometimes the situation requires the device to be a bit less "loud", for example, in a meeting. It would be great if there were a program that one can use to turn it off when needed.
    or dim it! it is way too bright at night...
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    or dim it! it is way too bright at night...
    From info gathered at the Road Show, dim is not an option (not supported in the hardware). Either on or off, although a hack will need to be developed to support the "off" state.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert C. Lee
    From info gathered at the Road Show, dim is not an option (not supported in the hardware). Either on or off, although a hack will need to be developed to support the "off" state.
    Yes, this is the info I was going by when I only talked about turning it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Yes, this is the info I was going by when I only talked about turning it off.
    The roadshow guy said it would be easy to turn off, but someone would have to write the program. Dimming, not possible.
    jeez it too bright! maybe someone could develop a sleeve of some sort that would cover keyboard to dim it. some sort of smokey, yet see through...
    I heard that dimming wasn't possible, that the hardware wasn't there for it.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I'm a fan of using ProfeoLC on my 600. Anyone tried it on the 650 yet?

ERic
    I was using Brightcam on my 600 but it doesn't work on the 650. I wish the developer would update it.
    An interesting note, I talked to one of the P1 people at the Roadshow about this. He says they went brighter becsause of the feed back that the 600 was too dark, but HE thought they went too far the other way, that the keyboard was way too bright and would be a problem when in a car a night, or somewhere where you dont want the whole world to know you are looking at your phone.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    I'm a fan of using ProfeoLC on my 600. Anyone tried it on the 650 yet?
    Okay... that's the first thing I tried on my mintues old 650 and: no dice. "System Incompatible. Profeo LC works only on palmOne Treo 600!"
    Maybe Butler will be upgraded to take advantage of the 650. That seems like a Butler type hack.
    so you guys are saying the keyboard is on all the time no matter what??? (i dont have my 650 yet)
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    so you guys are saying the keyboard is on all the time no matter what??? (i dont have my 650 yet)
    Yes it is. I've grown to appreciate the feel of the keyboard, but to me it is too bright. Brighter than the display and that's distracting for me.
    I absolutely LOVE the new keyboard! Brightness works for me. Doesn't bother me that it stays on as it is a Bigtime improvement over my 600. I was always squinting in the dark before.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    The keyboard backlight on the 650 is vey nice, but sometimes the situation requires the device to be a bit less "loud", for example, in a meeting. It would be great if there were a program that one can use to turn it off when needed.
    I agree. I know some complained about the 600 not being bright enough but the really went overboard on the 650's keyboard. It sure does come in handy in finding that stupid little arrow on the square charger plug! That was crappy design

Hope they come out with a cradle soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by greggebhardt
    I agree. I know some complained about the 600 not being bright enough but the really went overboard on the 650's keyboard. It sure does come in handy in finding that stupid little arrow on the square charger plug! That was crappy design

Hope they come out with a cradle soon!
    I agree on the plug issue. Both the charger and the sync cable are Sooooo tight I'm afraid of breaking them.
    Perhaps a new version of TreoGuard needs to be done? It looks like the current version is more Treo600ish, since the 650 turns the screen off (no back light), it seems there might need to be a Treoguard650 version?
    Perahps I'll contact Geoff later, right now I am tring to get mine activated via Sprint.
    They should have kept the same color coding of the keyboard from 650 (number keys white-all others blue). The white keys on 650 are the ones that are blinding! If they were all blue except for numbers, it would not be too bright...
    The thing is so bright, when using it while driving at night, I was catching myself looking to the back of my van to see if a dome light was on.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast