Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21  
    The screen and the keyboard both turn off after about a minute during a phone call. This is the only time that I've seen this happening with the normal apps.
  2. #22  
    Wanted to know if there was any way to turn off the keyboard backlight while watching a movie using MMPlayer? Also, it would be nice to turn off keyboard backlight when using other apps. Thanks.
    Last edited by meloveu; 11/29/2004 at 09:29 AM.
  3. ERicJ's Avatar
    Posts
    758 Posts
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by meloveu
    Wanted to know if there was any way to turn off the keyboard backlight while watching a movie using MMPlayer? Also, it would be nice to turn off keyboard backlight when using other apps. Thanks.
    I used to use Profeo LC on my Treo600 for that purpose and it worked great as a general screen/keyboard light control on a timer too. But it has yet to be updated to run on a 650, hopefully soon
  4. #24  
    we have to have a hack that turns it off, i read books and dont want the blinking green or the keyboard on while i read, its sooo distracting and a power drain too i suspect
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by alee
    From info gathered at the Road Show, dim is not an option (not supported in the hardware). Either on or off, although a hack will need to be developed to support the "off" state.
    Why are people saying it doesn't dim? Just use the dimmer slider button and dim it, works fine. I am also very happy that this one dims during a call.

    Eric
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by kyorandy
    we have to have a hack that turns it off, i read books and dont want the blinking green or the keyboard on while i read, its sooo distracting and a power drain too i suspect
    Indeed. I was reading an eBook the other day on the 650 and sure wanted to turn off the keyboard and LED. Anyone know an app that will have this hack?
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    Why are people saying it doesn't dim? Just use the dimmer slider button and dim it, works fine. I am also very happy that this one dims during a call.

    Eric
    The keyboard

    check the title fo the thread
  8. #28  
    I didn't know the 650 screen automatically dims during a call. This was a much needed upgrade.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions