Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The screen and the keyboard both turn off after about a minute during a phone call. This is the only time that I've seen this happening with the normal apps.
    Wanted to know if there was any way to turn off the keyboard backlight while watching a movie using MMPlayer? Also, it would be nice to turn off keyboard backlight when using other apps. Thanks.
    Last edited by meloveu; 11/29/2004 at 09:29 AM.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meloveu
    Wanted to know if there was any way to turn off the keyboard backlight while watching a movie using MMPlayer? Also, it would be nice to turn off keyboard backlight when using other apps. Thanks.
    I used to use Profeo LC on my Treo600 for that purpose and it worked great as a general screen/keyboard light control on a timer too. But it has yet to be updated to run on a 650, hopefully soon
    we have to have a hack that turns it off, i read books and dont want the blinking green or the keyboard on while i read, its sooo distracting and a power drain too i suspect
    Quote Originally Posted by alee
    From info gathered at the Road Show, dim is not an option (not supported in the hardware). Either on or off, although a hack will need to be developed to support the "off" state.
    Why are people saying it doesn't dim? Just use the dimmer slider button and dim it, works fine. I am also very happy that this one dims during a call.

Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by kyorandy
    we have to have a hack that turns it off, i read books and dont want the blinking green or the keyboard on while i read, its sooo distracting and a power drain too i suspect
    Indeed. I was reading an eBook the other day on the 650 and sure wanted to turn off the keyboard and LED. Anyone know an app that will have this hack?
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    Why are people saying it doesn't dim? Just use the dimmer slider button and dim it, works fine. I am also very happy that this one dims during a call.

Eric
    The keyboard

check the title fo the thread
    I didn't know the 650 screen automatically dims during a call. This was a much needed upgrade.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12