Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Both the PalmOne kiosk and the new Treo Store at Valley Fair Mall in Santa Clara, CA now have the Treo 650 available, as in you can walk right up and buy it. Here are some comparison pictures that I took of the new "Store" using my Treo 600 and one of the Treo 650s on display. Since the mall is relatively well lit, the differences aren't glaring, but the 650 does do better on the brighter parts of the image (look carefully at the Treo650 box on the counter, for example).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    cool........
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    Funny....they can open up retail outlets and sell over the counter bur can't fill orders that have been waiting since the release.

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Yeah, I don't think they mangled the shipping to this store
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34
    Funny....they can open up retail outlets and sell over the counter bur can't fill orders that have been waiting since the release.

IGO

the database with the orders was kept on a 650, and since they all didnt fit some had to be deleted.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Lol
    You would think if they were going to open a Treo Only kiosk and try to push the 650, they'd wait until the GSM model was available too. I know, I'm just a disgruntled GSM user... lol
    I'm viewing this from my 650...and both of them pics look ON POINT on the 650 screen...!
    Do they have any accessories for the 650 available at the kiosk? If so, what ones did you see?
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    the database with the orders was kept on a 650, and since they all didnt fit some had to be deleted.

ROTFLMAO!! At least when they trimmed down the database, they were able to differentiate and keep the beautiful people.
    What is the return policy at the palmone/treo retail stores? Is there a restocking fee?
    I'd buy from there b/c something about buying it the old-fashioned way is appealing to me these days--BUT do you think the retail stores would match the free bluetooth headset offer?
    I dont suppose they have 'live' activated units on hand that you can test out--ie- make a phone call
    I bought one there yesterday. I'm actually typing this on it. I talked to a few guys from P1 and they even took pictures of me talking to them. if you see any of them I'm the blonde good looking guy in the grey suit! Anyways, to answer some quesrions:

yes they have accessories (car and travel chargers and two different leather cases. They are selling the 600 and the 650. There is a return policy(with Sprint - 14 days if I remember correctly), not sure about a restocking fee. They also said that they are working on a fix for the memory. Unfortunately the voice dial does not work through the bluetooth headset and for some reason the volume doesn't quite seem as loud as on my tmobile t600. I dot know why. I will post more later.
    Just spoke with the Palmone store in San Francisco. They do not have any 650's in stock. Said to call daily to check when they have them.

I guess the store's order is Backordered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe

Hahahahahahahaha. So the new entries deleted the older ones?
    Unbelievable. I haven't received my unit yet, but I could walk the mile down the street to the FREAKING MALL and pick one up? I happen to work a mile from Valley Fair in Santa Clara. Unbelievable! At least I didn't pay tax with my online order.
    So the palmone store in SF and Santa Clara both have a 10% restocking fee.
    Just an FYI. The palmone SF store has no 650's in stock yet.
    The Santa Clara palmone store said they should have enough 650's to last the day.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pufftissue
    The Santa Clara palmone store said they should have enough 650's to last the day.
    ...until someone posts that on TC and the mad rush begins....