Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    I'm new to the treo (last PDA was a Visor) and P1, but man am I fed up already with P1. I ordered late on 11/8 (the first day pre-orders were taken) and have spoken with three different reps today, none of which could tell me if the unit has shipped or not. Finally at 1am tonite, the rep said it had not shipped and would "probably" ship tomorrow. Judging from so many posts (from people who ordered 10 days or more after me) of people who have tracking numbers, something went completely wrong with my order, and P1 won't fess up. How my unit hasn't shipped is beyond me, and how P1 can't tell me why is even more frustrating. If you can believe it, my order status is still "back ordered." Ahhhh!
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by dean2526
    I'm new to the treo (last PDA was a Visor) and P1, but man am I fed up already with P1. I ordered late on 11/8 (the first day pre-orders were taken) and have spoken with three different reps today, none of which could tell me if the unit has shipped or not. Finally at 1am tonite, the rep said it had not shipped and would "probably" ship tomorrow. Judging from so many posts (from people who ordered 10 days or more after me) of people who have tracking numbers, something went completely wrong with my order, and P1 won't fess up. How my unit hasn't shipped is beyond me, and how P1 can't tell me why is even more frustrating. If you can believe it, my order status is still "back ordered." Ahhhh!

    Tough luck man. Should have waited for sprint.
    Hope everything works out.
  3.    #3  
    As an update, here is the response to the email I sent to them:

    Dear Valued Customer,

    If you received an Advanced Sale Confirmation email regarding a product
    or products on your order, please note that we try to ship all of our
    orders within 1-2 business days of receiving your order. However, due
    to the fact that some items include customization options, or are
    shipped directly from the manufacturer or another vendor the shipping
    time frame may be longer than our standard 1-2 business days. Please be
    assured that your order will ship within the parameters listed under
    Availability on the product page itself.

    If this automated e-mail does not answer your question(s), please
    contact our Customer Service department using our toll free number,
    800-881-7256. Our Customer Service is open 24 hours a day seven days a
    week to better serve you.

    Please note: This is an automated response to your e-mail. You will
    not receive another response. Do not respond to this e-mail.

    Best regards,

    Customer Support at store.palmone.com


    Nice, real nice........................
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dean2526
    I'm new to the treo (last PDA was a Visor) and P1, but man am I fed up already with P1. I ordered late on 11/8 (the first day pre-orders were taken) and have spoken with three different reps today, none of which could tell me if the unit has shipped or not. Finally at 1am tonite, the rep said it had not shipped and would "probably" ship tomorrow. Judging from so many posts (from people who ordered 10 days or more after me) of people who have tracking numbers, something went completely wrong with my order, and P1 won't fess up. How my unit hasn't shipped is beyond me, and how P1 can't tell me why is even more frustrating. If you can believe it, my order status is still "back ordered." Ahhhh!
    This is reminding me of the saga that Dell just put customers through with the new Axim x50v. All customers who preordered on the first day got stuck in preproduction on order status for weeks, while new orders were shipping the next day.
  5. #5  
    I think palm 1 is as confused as we are when i spoke to a rep she told me they were handing all orders from the 8 th to a supervisor and he was checking them and trying to push the out. Then when i asked to speak to the supervisor i was told he was on the phone and i will have to call back.

    Fred
  6. #6  
    Call Sprint, I called them yesterday around noon and my 650 is scheduled to arrive this morning. Free overnight shipment was included, my cost was $449.99 plus tax. i was worried about some posts ppl stating they were out of stock the CSR told me they had PLENTY, she stressed the plenty heavily.

    TS
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dean2526
    Best regards,

    Customer Support at store.palmone.com


    Nice, real nice........................
    I hate to say "I told you so", but ...

    Man, when I ordered my Treo 300, and Treo 600 from Handspring, it was like a freaking breath of fresh air after dealing with PALM for several years. The customer service difference is huge.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by turbosteve
    Call Sprint, I called them yesterday around noon and my 650 is scheduled to arrive this morning. Free overnight shipment was included, my cost was $449.99 plus tax. i was worried about some posts ppl stating they were out of stock the CSR told me they had PLENTY, she stressed the plenty heavily.

    TS

    663 is stock as of noon yesterday. Co-worker ordered one (went from the 300 -> 650, so won't be disappointed like a 600 user).

    While i'm sure they are moving, I don't think they are moving nearly as fast as anyone anticipated.

    This isn't like the 600. The 650's are pretty easy to get ... even next day.
  9. #9  
    ordered on the 8th also still backordered....
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoFever
    ordered on the 8th also still backordered....
    Sprint has over 600 in stock.

    Cancel your P1 order, call Sprint Telesales, and you will have it in your hands tomorrow.
  11.    #11  
    Just got off the phone with the RUDEST P1 rep, who tells me that the 650 will ship in 1-2 days. he offered no apologies for the delay, stating that they were well within the 1-2 BUSINESS WEEK (not counting Sat. and Sun.) time frame originally given. He could not offer any explanation as to why those who ordered well after me have received theirs. Unbelievable.....but slowly becoming more believable as I keep dealing with P1.
  12. #12  
    save your disgust and anger at P1 for when you finally receive it and try loading your programs. Afterwards, you get to deal with the nice P1 people going through the return process.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  13. #13  
    Although I have no room to complain, I find it extraordinary that my two orders, place 11/8 and 11/16 respectively, are to arrive today simultaneously.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by dean2526
    Just got off the phone with the RUDEST P1 rep, who tells me that the 650 will ship in 1-2 days. he offered no apologies for the delay, stating that they were well within the 1-2 BUSINESS WEEK (not counting Sat. and Sun.) time frame originally given. He could not offer any explanation as to why those who ordered well after me have received theirs. Unbelievable.....but slowly becoming more believable as I keep dealing with P1.
    LOL, a business week is the same as a regular week.
    It would be different if they said so many days but they didn't. A week is a week, doesn't matter if they claim no one does any work on the weekends.
  15. #15  
    Sprint is not a solution unless they are giving away a $100 BT headset and no tax as well. I don't think they are.
  16.    #16  
    I agree with bmac, but it's so frustrating what is going on.

Posting Permissions