Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got an e-mail from P1 asking me to take a survey about my T600 usage. It asked about how many applications I have loaded on my T600, if I use an expansion card, how much free space I have left, and how many contacts I have.

Looks like they are NOW asking T600 users about memory...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Treo 600 User,

We are conducting a short survey to find out how
    you are using the available memory on your smartphone.

We would very much appreciate your taking a few
    minutes to answer some questions. The survey will
    take you less than three minutes to complete.

Treo 600 User study:
    -> http://www.............................

ALL information provided is strictly confidential to palmOne and
    will not be shared with any other party. Please note that Zoomerang
    is the service we have used to host this survey, but retains
    none of the results or responses.

Thank you for your time and effort.

We really appreciate it!

-- The palmOne Marketing Team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Well, better late than never I guess. At least we know that they are acting like they care. Sounds good to me.
    Gregg G. - New Orleans, LA
    Treo 700p on Sprint
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    I wonder if the the people being polled know the importance of their reply.
    post the link so we can all reply.
    Just filled out mine. I've been using my 600 for just over a year and don't plan to move to the 650. I will wait at least one more generation.
    Rick
    "...There is no try..." - Yoda
    wonder who's head will roll in P1 ...
    I got it too
    At least the wheels are in motion it appears.
  9.    #10  
    The survey's are keyed to keep someone from posting online for others to fill out. I'd love to see the results though...
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Thank You!!!
    If this is a personalized key and everyone uses it, I wonder if all our responses will be counted or if they will be trashed as duplicates?
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    The problem is that survey can be easily mis-informative. For example, I have literally hundreds of app installed on my Treo 600 and am always scrounging for space on ram, but use a combination of Zlauncher, my 1 GB card and etc to move as much data to the card as possible. Thus I have usually around 7 MB of ram free... This could easily be interpreted as more than enough ram from this survey!

Hmm...maybe we've found the error in PalmOne marketing survey huh?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    The problem is that survey can be easily mis-informative. For example, I have literally hundreds of app installed on my Treo 600 and am always scrounging for space on ram, but use a combination of Zlauncher, my 1 GB card and etc to move as much data to the card as possible. Thus I have usually around 7 MB of ram free... This could easily be interpreted as more than enough ram from this survey!

Hmm...maybe we've found the error in PalmOne marketing survey huh?
    I am(was) in the same boat but answered aggressively.
    One more thing. The survey asks how much internal memory is free. In my case it's 7mb but that is because I have a mapping application that NEEDS 7mb to load its maps off of the SD card. If I answer that I have 7 mb free, it could be miscontrued as meaning that I am not using all my memory, so 32mb is quite enough. I wonder if that's what happened in the original surveys??
    Just participated in the survey as well because I hope it helps! One reason I have memory issues and need to use the SD card heavily is to store stupid applications, which need to load into memory, like maps, etc. I too wish I had at least 64MB or perhaps even 128+...
    I'm going to reiterate that this a great move by Palm to ask people what their memory is. I'm the first to criticize Palm (wifi, this memory issue, etc), but I'm also the first to praise. Good step up by PalmOne.
    Don't be silly. If you struggled to get some free space on your PDA and moved lots of programs to the SD Card then that means that you have less than 2MB free in your PDA. If you say you have 7MB free then that means that you probably don't have any problems running out of memory. Let's be more aggresive here.

Al
    Palm sure knows who I am and what I own, as the Treo's been registered for a year with them. And I'm sure they could also use all their brain cells and query the cell providers that know what phones people have active. They could probably get the usage patterns, too. It ain't rocket science to locate your customers, (unless you don't WANT to find them).

And yet, I've NEVER seen any survey from Palm asking why I spent $600 on the first Treo, and what improvements would have me shell out another $600 a mere year later. In fact, PalmOne seems damn insulted when you try letting them know what you find problematic - I was on the phone with one of them at least 4 months ago and mentioned I hoped the next model has at least 64MB and he just brushed me off (at the time I chalked it up to the unannounced status of the 650).

I get the distinct impression PalmOne's been taken over by the 'yes' men/women, and they end up waiting until they are caught with egg in their face in the marketplace before becoming concerned.

Instead of surveys, I get endless junk spam from the Palm store trying to entice me into buying an M31 "this weekend only with a free 64MB SD card" or some such nonsense.. Kinda like inundating Lexas owners for deals on salvaged Kias or something.

Hey - I own a Treo 600, and I want an improved one, dummies!! Not LESS than what I have, as there would be no point to upgrade. (Shouldn't even need a survey to figure that out).
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acajigas
    If you struggled to get some free space on your PDA and moved lots of programs to the SD Card then that means that you have less than 2MB free in your PDA. If you say you have 7MB free then that means that you probably don't have any problems running out of memory. Let's be more aggresive here.
    I tend to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Joad
    "Nobody will ever need more than 640k RAM!" -- Bill Gates, 1981
    "Windows 95 needs at least 8 MB RAM."-- Bill Gates, 1996

"Best of all, you can expand the functions of your Treo smartphone by adding any of the thousands of applications available for Palm Powered™ devices." --PalmOne, November 2004
    "*As long as the application doesn't need to use any internal memory" --Future PalmOne press release?
    Nice .sig Joad
    Last edited by ERicJ; 11/23/2004 at 02:18 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast