1.    #1  
    The directions are in 2 parts. The first part is to pair your T650 and Mac (Powerbook in my case) properly. The second part is to create a dial up connection via BT to your Mac. *Make sure DUN is enabled on your Treo* before you begin.

PART 1:

1) Open "Bluetooth Devices" and commence setup of your Treo.
    2) You will go through a straightforward Bluetooth Setup Assistant which will allow you to set up our phone.
    3) Enter the passkey into your phone to complete pairing process
    4) This step is critical. Make sure "Access Internet with your phone's data connection" is selected. In the sub-menu, select "Use a direct, higher speed connection to reach your ISP"
    5) Enter your Vision Username and Password. Leave "GPRS CID String" blank. For modem script select Sprint PCS Vision.
    6) Click continue and then quit to save your selections.

PART 2:

1) If a Bluetooth configuration screen did not already pop open from the previous part then skip to step 2.
    2) From Internet Connect select "Bluetooth" or "USB Bluetooth Modem Adapter"
    3) Create your configuration. Name it what you like (e.g. Sprint, PCS, Vision, Big Dawwg)
    4) Type #777 in the telephone number field.
    5) Your account name is your Vision username (e.g. joeshmoe@sprintpcs.com). In this case, it is joeshmoe.
    6) Type in your password.
    7) Hit CONNECT!!!

Enjoy.
    Last edited by illustreous; 11/22/2004 at 10:42 PM.
    Thanks. This is great info for Mac Users. Have you try BluePhoneMenu yet? www.reelintelligence.com/BluePhoneMenu/

Didn't know if it would work with CDMA or not. Looks preety cool.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  3.    #3  
    BluePhoneMenu was lost in a connection loop on the 650. I'll have to try it out again tonight, it got late yesterday. However, I don't think it has been functional on CDMA units. That's just my hunch, as is yours.
    illustreous, I have a PB G4 with BT and a Treo 600 (Sprint) and considering the 650. Can you give us a list of features the BT on the 650 brings to the Mac, other than wireless sync and now DUN which you have addressed.

Thanks
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Quote Originally Posted by imageone
    Thanks. This is great info for Mac Users. Have you try BluePhoneMenu yet? www.reelintelligence.com/BluePhoneMenu/

Didn't know if it would work with CDMA or not. Looks preety cool.
    I can't get it to work.
  6.    #6  
    Other than DUN, Hotsynching, synching with Missing Sync and using Saling Clicker I haven't found any other "outstanding" features.

I'm still experimenting and trying to find a way to use programs like Bluetoothphone and others so that a Mac can be utilized as the front end interface of your phone while you're at home, work, etc.

This is my geeky dream home office situation (and I've mentioned this before in a post a long time ago):
    T650 in bedroom while I'm working in say Excel on my PB in the den. Call comes in pops up on my PB screen. I can take call right there through PB internal mike, BT headset, etc. I can also navigate through my calendar, address book and any other information that I need for the call because I'm on PB. Really, the possibilities are endless.

I'm still working on compiling of usable BT features and programs for the Mac with Sprint's T650.

Quote Originally Posted by imageone
    illustreous, I have a PB G4 with BT and a Treo 600 (Sprint) and considering the 650. Can you give us a list of features the BT on the 650 brings to the Mac, other than wireless sync and now DUN which you have addressed.

Thanks
    i agree. we need a app like BluetoothPhone. That is one of the features I was looking forward too. Maybe the author of the program would consider adding T650 CDMA support. Lets all start emailing them
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    </body>
    Illustreous - have you tried connecting through the ADDRESS BOOK?

The mac Address Book has a BlueTooth button, that allows for Caller ID and Call Placing

I'm going to install the DUN patch soon ----- have you gotten your Treo to work with the Address Book's bluetooth options?
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    I just picked up my Treo 650 today. I am wondering if I have a slightly newer version of the firmware. When I was at the Sprint store they had the phone listed as an 'exchange' when in fact they were new phones. They had to re-SKU the phone into the computer in order to sell it to me.

Now what is interesting is that I installed the DUN hack. I do get the ability to turn it on so I believe the hack is installed correctly. What I can't seem to get to happen right is to get the Mac to show me the sub-options after it has discovered properly that I have an internet connection service on the phone. I just get the ability to check mark it--but no sub checkmark lines appear that say:

Use a direct high speed connection to reach your ISP

That never appears.

If I continue through setup I don't get the ability to select Sprint PCS vision as a script either.

I might add that my phone is properly provisioned for he Internet. I can get on and surf with it all night directly.

Thoughts?

Has Sprint stopped this hack?

-mark=
    Shadowmite and Vocaro, Hats off to you!!

Whoever said you need to try it more than a few times is certainly right, It works for me, I'be been messing with it reloading the hack several times, until it finally worked. Shadowmite is indeed the man!! Hats off to you!

I actually think, once it's working its not flakey at all. But I have noticed on a MAC that after I connect and then Disconnect, It will not let me Re-Connect until I go to the Bluetooth on my MAC and TURN OFF THE BLUETOOTH and ON AGAIN, then it works perfectly, It works everytime I do this. I can duplicate everytime. I hope this helps, Once you know that, Its not flakey anymore.

Thanks again for your time and effort on this Shadowmite!!

-TreoAsh
    Whenever I load the new bluetooth file and reset the device, it goes into a loop when i click on setup devices on the treo?? Anyone else have this problem?
    Mine still resets, but I was able to get it to work. This is soooo sweet.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Vocaro's great write-up here:
    http://vocaro.com/trevor/treo-dun/
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Hi everybody. I'm hoping y'all can help sort me out. I think I've got everything configured, but when I try to connect through DUN Internet Connect hangs on "Contacting PPP Server". Any thoughts?

I've checked my ID and password, and tried with and without the domain name on my Vision ID. What else can I look at?

Thanks!
    I've installed the DUN patch but when I try to turn on DUN on the prefs menu I get a "TransLibOpen err 0x740f" and it won't work. Any ideas? (using a sprint treo with the 1.08 patch installed) Also when I try to setup the treo via bluetooth on my powerbook, I cannot select the DUN powerbook - it says it is not available for this phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    I just configured the DUN earlier today without any Patch.. Here's the steps that I followed (http://www.philmug.ph/viewthread.php?tid=5923). BTW I am using Firmware 01.15 and Software Treo650-1.06-ROW, had it upgraded last week at PALM HK in Central.
    Your smartphone supports Dial Up Networking (DUN) with Macintosh computers. This means that you can pair your smartphone with your Mac, and use the smartphone as a wireless modem. This is especially useful when you are outside of a WiFi HotSpot, and want to take advantage of your smartphone's data connection to provide Internet to your laptop.
    Donovan44