1.    #1  
    I tried posting this in General Software but everyone is here . I get a strange error when trying to open a pdf attachment in VersaMail. When I try and open it I get this:

Do you want to receive into Adobe? I answer Yes
    Failed to receive beamed document. I click Ok
    Error: Database: corrupt database (0x0209) I click Ok
    Adobe Reader opens without opening the attachement.

I have Documents to Go Premium Edition but it doesn't even offer to open the attachment. Can someone tell me how I can view pdf attachments in VersaMail?

Thanks.
    There is no native support for PDF on the palm platform (no matter what e-mail program you use). You have to use a desktop utility to convert the PDF to a palm-readable version before you can open it in the Palm Adobe Reader. There are a few threads about this from the past. Just do a search.

Adobe are you listening????? Give us native support!!!!
    Acrobat Reader for the Palm does not support native PDF files. You have to pre-process them on your desktop and then transfer them to your device.

The lack of a native PDF reader on Palm is a long-standing issue. Many have been harassing Adobe to fix their reader. There was also a recent rumor that DataViz was working on this for a future version of Docs to Go.
  4.    #4  
    Well thanks everyone. I thought it was my phone or the way things were installed. Seems kind of lame but I still like this thing.
    Yes it sucks...but at least you can open word and Excel files!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jimf
    There was also a recent rumor that DataViz was working on this for a future version of Docs to Go.
    DTG7 bundled with the 650 support native TEXT-based pdf files only! The only way to get native pdf support on the Treo 650 is if some one would finally patch Piscel viewer from Sony Clies to work on non-clie palmos models!

Other than that, you will have to use various desktop based conversion conduits. Ironically, Adobe's conversion tool is kinda lame imo. Rather I recommend Repligo 2.0 which imo by far the best document viewer out there for PalmOS...

P.S. There is one workaround if you absolutely are desperate to view a pdf on your treo via you email etc w/o having to convert...and that is to convert it to a txt file by emailing the pdf as an attachment to an adobe server that does this:

pdf2txt@adobe.com

If you mail the pdf as an attachment to this addy, the server will convert the file to a txt file and email it back to you. You can then open it via DTG or VFSi or whatever sans all the graphics, tables etc. It's a messy solution, but it does work. However note, the server is kinda quirky and not too reliable 24/7. It sometime works and sometimes doesn't from my experience...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    DTG7 bundled with the 650 support native TEXT-based pdf files only! The only way to get native pdf support on the Treo 650 is if some one would finally patch Piscel viewer from Sony Clies to work on non-clie palmos models!
    Yes, I should have mentioned the current limited PDF viewer in Docs to Go 7 (though I find it not very useful, given the types of documents I receive). But the rumor was about a post-7.0 version that would provide full PDF support. Only a rumor, though, so don't hold your breath.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimf
    Acrobat Reader for the Palm does not support native PDF files. You have to pre-process them on your desktop and then transfer them to your device.

The lack of a native PDF reader on Palm is a long-standing issue. Many have been harassing Adobe to fix their reader. There was also a recent rumor that DataViz was working on this for a future version of Docs to Go.
    Ok, that might be the probelm I have been having with web browsing. I click a link to a pdf file from on web site, and the treo650 starts Acrobat and then resets. I had loaded the Adobe AReader for the Palm software off the disk that came with the Treo, and foolishly expected it to work like Acrobat does on a PC.

Is this the way your Treo650 works, or is there something I have setup incorrectly?

This really is a problem on lots of web sites I visit.
    Nope sounds like expected behavior. No support for native PDFs...the Reader on the palm platform is a severly crippled (and near useless in my opinion) viewer.
    From Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional Help:

"Note: The process of downloading the file to a handheld device requires Adobe Reader for Palm OS. Adobe Reader for Palm OS has two components: the desktop program you install on your computer, and the reader application that installs itself on your handheld device the next time you synchronize it with your computer."

Here's what I did to get PDFs on my Treo 650:

1. Install "Adobe Reader for Palm OS" from the Treo 650 CD to computer and Treo 650

2. Launch the "Adobe Reader for Palm OS" on computer

3. Add the PDF to be installed the next time HotSync runs on Treo 650

* PDFs can also be optimized for viewing on Palm devices in Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional. Just do a search for "handheld" in the Acrobat Help for tips.

I hope this helps someone.
    c a r l n u n e s
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > iPhone( ) > Treo 755p
    WATCH THIS BEFORE POSTING
    The latest version of Documents to go handels PDF files no problems.
    No thanks to Adobe
    Quote Originally Posted by neumeier View Post
    The latest version of Documents to go handels PDF files no problems.
    No thanks to Adobe
    Yes, but DTG cant find the PDFs downloaded by Versamail.