1.    #1  
    some of you may noticed that you can create a new ringtone with some onboard voice recorder. Well my next obvious question is can someone hack this to be a stand alone voice recorder? It's already there & it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to "wire" it to an icon. Then we'd need a place to view & organize the files. And if you could sync & listen to these files to desktop that would be a plus. Let's get to hacking!
    Why not just use SoundRec or any of the other programs that already do voice memos?
    I agree with Neo

The thing COMES with voice ringtones you can record... And the same recorder wil put messages into text messaghes and into pictures.

BUT there is NO simple recording memo function??

Has anyone tested soundrec or AUdicy with the 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRadio
    I agree with Neo

The thing COMES with voice ringtones you can record... And the same recorder wil put messages into text messaghes and into pictures.

BUT there is NO simple recording memo function??

Has anyone tested soundrec or AUdicy with the 650?
    SoundRec works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by talkin73
    SoundRec works fine.
    it sure does but it would be nice to have simple access to this built in functionality.
    Anyone use Audicy? I used to use it on the 600 and oliked its ease of use and the way it xfers the files to the desktop in a sync.
    I just triewd the recorded ring thing and it records and plays fine but when youa ssign it to a speed dial it will not play (preview like the rest, and does not ring with the voice jsut the defauklt.

Am I doing something wrong???
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    how do you actually assign the sounds. i did not see a place for this
    I couldn't get soundrec to record to my SD card. Has anybody else been able to?

-Gadgetpro
    you record in MANAGE as a ringtone and assign them as a ringtone

hjowefver after reading the manual, it says htey are for sending in emails etc.. not for actual boice ringtones.. whicvh would be nice.. 50 dollar sanyo phones have that!!
  11.    #11  
    bump!
    can t650 act as a recording device? can it record an hour and 15 minutes of class lecture, if so, what type of software and how much memory is need for this...
    I really want Audacity, PAR, or SoundRec to map themselves to the auxiallry button and allow true, one touch voice memo. Simply press and hold like the told Tungsten T
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    i want it to start being able to record parts of phone calls
    true, that'd be nice too
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetpro
    I couldn't get soundrec to record to my SD card. Has anybody else been able to?

-Gadgetpro
    Check for SoundRec threads. The short answer is that it depends on the speed of your card and the recording rate. Try lower rates or faster cards. I couldn't get anything legible with a 512 Kingston even @ 4khz, but with my new 1GB Lexar, I can get great results up to 11 khz.
  17.    #17  
    Bump!
    I found the PALM Voice recorder PRC files on this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=64882

It is the original Palm T3 voice recorder... works flawlessly on the Treo 650.
    Treo 650.. the best smart phone there is.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ranjeetsodhi
    I found the PALM Voice recorder PRC files on this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=64882

It is the original Palm T3 voice recorder... works flawlessly on the Treo 650.
    It does work well.

As for Soundrec, it does seem to have a bug in it in regards to recording to the Sd card in the treo 650. Soundrec will report that the SD card is locked or inaccessable. Several people have posted this. I have been in contact with the creator of Soundrec and he said he would look into it.