1.    #1  
    from the backup directory?

OK, I feel pretty dumb, as I know I've done this before.

My T600 got real flakey. Most of the time the phone would lock up when I tried to answer a call. I tried soft resets (which would only help occasionally), warm resets, removing some utilities, and more. But the problem persisted. So I did a hotsync, followed by a hard reset.

(I should be clear that I did NOT use any backup software, although I have critical files backed up to an SD card. I just updated to a new PC a few weeks ago, and apparently I completely forgot to install Backup Buddy. Oh, Sh**!)

Anyway, I wanted to to start as cleanly as possible, so I renamed my backup directory to oldbackup and then re-synced to get back my contacts, appts, etc. The phone seems to be working better for the moment, but still a bit flakey. Time to call Lockline, I think.

But in the meantime, I want to get back as much of what I had installed before without re-installing everything. I renamed the backup directory back to "backup," and sync'd again, but no joy. I did another hard reset, and tried syncing again, but it still only restored my basic PIM data.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I'm having trouble following... how many backup folders do you have now? Does oldbackup still exist?
  3.    #3  
    I renamed it back to "backup," which is what it was called originally. So everthing is still there. I DO actually have a second copy of it under a different name, though.

But the real question is: After a hard reset, how do I restore everything that's in the backup directory?

Tnx,
    Bob Meyer
    Before your first hotsync after hard reset: right click hotsync manager > custom > change 'system' setting to 'desktop overwrites handheld.' Hope this helps.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  5.    #5  
    Duh!

Well, I'll use the fact that it was kinda late, and I was more than kinda tired, as an excuse.

Thank you,
    Bob Meyer