1.    #1  
    Well I just read on treonauts an indepth article on the memory issue. The author stated that with how he unit stores blocks of storage that you actually get 16 MB of usable memory.

I feel palm1 will have to address and correct this issue. There is too much of an outcry. This benefits us GSMers since whatever they do with the Sprint phones and offer to the current owners will take place to shrink wrapped treo 650 in the wherehouse. It may not happen yet, but it will happen soon. Sooner than when the GSM is supposed to be released.

Thanks to the Sprint guys for absorbing all the frustrations. if I have to wait another month or two so be it. I would rather have a more functional unit.

Cheers.
    I'm waiting for GSM and I STILL think you're a loser.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigraz
    if I have to wait another month or two so be it. I would rather have a more functional unit.

Cheers.
    rageardless of the cellular radio I endorse this statement
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  4.    #4  
    By: qweewq11 at Today 02:08 AM

What's that about?
    By: qweewq11 at Today 02:08 AM

What's that about?
    I don't know, but it sounds like he thinks you are a loser.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks. I got that much, but was wondering why? If it s the title or the post.

Maybe he thought it was an attack on the Sprint users. It was not. There is always a group that gets the short end of the stick.

Sprints advantage is they got the phone and can play with it their disadvantage is they have to deal with major headaches.

GSM disadvantage is that we can't play with the phone yet but I feel the advantage is, if it happens and based on the mass of criticism it will, then they will rectify this issue.

That's all.

For to be a loser one must have experienced a lifetime of experience in associating and living amongst them.

Welcome home son!
    Thanks. I got that much, but was wondering why? If it s the title or the post.

Maybe he thought it was an attack on the Sprint users. It was not. There is always a group that gets the short end of the stick.

Sprints advantage is they got the phone and can play with it their disadvantage is they have to deal with major headaches.

GSM disadvantage is that we can't play with the phone yet but I feel the advantage is, if it happens and based on the mass of criticism it will, then they will rectify this issue.

That's all.

For to be a loser one must have experienced a lifetime of experience in associating and living amongst them.

Welcome home son!
    If they can fix the gsm version before it ships, I would rather wait also.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    This isn't a GSM or a CDMA issue. It's a "whoever waits a few months for the bugs to be worked out" advantage. Obviously if they fix the memory issue then it will be fixed on ALL future devices, not just GSM ones.
    true, but it would be nice to get my gsm phone with the patch already implemented...
  10.    #10  
    This isn't a GSM or a CDMA issue. It's a "whoever waits a few months for the bugs to be worked out" advantage. Obviously if they fix the memory issue then it will be fixed on ALL future devices, not just GSM ones.

That is obvious. I never said that CDMA would not be fixed, rather the CDMA phone user would have the advantage and at the same time disadvantage and frustration that goes with dealing with this issue and trying to get a fix. Since GSM is out until January, by the way I email jeff at Vienna Channels and his resonse was GSM still looks like it is shipping in January, will have this issue fixedc before it is shipped. I highly doubt that if they decide to fix the memory problem, let's say in December, than they would not have any phones GSM or CDMA sitting boxed on shelves not fixed before shipment.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    That is obvious. I never said that CDMA would not be fixed, rather the CDMA phone user would have the advantage and at the same time disadvantage and frustration that goes with dealing with this issue and trying to get a fix.
    I'm talking about new CDMA Treo's, not existing ones. So assuming this is a problem that P1 decides to fix (which is no certainty at all), my point is that new Treo's in the future - whether they be GSM OR CDMA, will be "fixed." So again, the title of this thread should not be "Advantage ... GSM", but rather, "Advantage .... those who wait a few months."

Incidentally, the title of this thread is probably what drew some ire from other posters.
    Dude,

It would be great if you could bring this GSM discussion over to: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...839#post467839

We have got a great GSM discussion that has been going on for 2 weeks. Over 222 post on everthing GSM. We are presently talking about memory workarounds and fast SD cards. What to buy and avoid. Testing software for SD card speed.

Well I just read on treonauts an indepth article on the memory issue. The author stated that with how he unit stores blocks of storage that you actually get 16 MB of usable memory.

I feel palm1 will have to address and correct this issue. There is too much of an outcry. This benefits us GSMers since whatever they do with the Sprint phones and offer to the current owners will take place to shrink wrapped treo 650 in the wherehouse. It may not happen yet, but it will happen soon. Sooner than when the GSM is supposed to be released.

Thanks to the Sprint guys for absorbing all the frustrations. if I have to wait another month or two so be it. I would rather have a more functional unit.

Cheers.
    this thread if funny. Crawfish.