Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all. some of you 'oldies' may recall that i did some ringtones for the treo300 and 600. they also work on the 650, in case any of you have them.

but of course, the 650 can do more, so check out this 'Scotty, Beam me up!' ringtone. it's a 19.2k wav file, and right now i'm just messing around with it but it sounds cool.

for some reason this would not set as a ringtone for a particular caller from one of the phone screen 'one touch' buttons. but in sound prefs, it worked fine, and i have it set as my 'unknown caller' tone.

for newbies, the idea is you put this address in blazer on your phone. it can also be downloaded from your PC to a memory card, and moved from there.

www.aaronstein.com/beammeup.wav
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Thanks! really appreciate the file!

burrzoo
    Wait, WAVS work natively?
  4.    #4  
    yeah, cool, isn't it?
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Quote Originally Posted by aarons12
    yeah, cool, isn't it?
    w00t!!!!! Now, do they have to be installed on the phone directly, or can it be on the card?
  6.    #6  
    i'm not sure about that since i don't have a card (yet... going to best buy tonight to pick up harry potter movie and a card). i would not be surprised to find that they need to be on the phone, and that someone will come up with 3rd party software that will solve the issue.

i may make some more of these for my own amusement, and of course people will make their own since we all have tons of mp3 and wav files on our computers, but i have thought about it and i will not be making these for my ringtone sets for sale at handango because i would be concerned about licensing issues. a little beeping midi file is one thing, but actual voice and/or music...
    Excellent - Now if you could only do it for individuals!!!!
  8.    #8  
    yeah, i suspect that's another thing for some enterprising 3rd party... offhand i don't know why it wouldn't work but it may be some function of the larger file size or something...
    we need a site with a bunch of celeb clips for ringers, such as:

-Star Trek: Bones, Sulu, Uhura
    - Star Wars: Yoda
    - Jessica Simpson - "Is this chicken or tuna?"
    - Pulp Fiction soundtrack
  10.    #10  
    yeah, there are tons of clips out there, basically because now we can use windows sound files, which were always small wav files. so all those cool sounds we used to have for our windows actions can be used as ringers and other sounds. i just thought it would be fun to put one up.

i'm sure lots of folks will put them up at their web sites. should be cool!
    This is GREAT!!!! w00t for you!
  12.    #12  
    i put up a couple more...

you can click on these links in your phone, or type them in but please note that it seems the treo650 is CASE SENSITIVE ABOUT THESE THINGS.

www.aaronstein.com/ENERGIZE.WAV
    www.aaronstein.com/PHOTON.WAV
    www.aaronstein.com/TERMINAT.WAV
    www.aaronstein.com/UNDSTAND.WAV (howard stern saying -what part of no...)
    www.aaronstein.com/YEAHBABY.WAV
    www.aaronstein.com/YOURANG.WAV
    Forget LightWav! This rocks - now if you can only assign individual ringers!
  14.    #14  
    well, lightwave is a tone manager, they are not mutually exclusive. using lightwave there is a good chance you could do more with these and any other ringtones. .
    these are great thanks alot i just cant wait to get my hands on my 650
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    True - but WHO knows how long it will be until LightWav is compatible... This is a GREAT temp solution.
  17.    #17  
    there is another thread on here that indicates lightwav works just fine on the 650, though i don't know if there are features they would need or want to add to make the most use of the 650's setup...
    how do you install the wavs?
  19.    #19  
    easiest way is to go to the web on your treo, and either get to this page and click on the links above or type those links into blazer. be sure to spell them and capitalize exactly as shown (i did not realize that the treo is case sensitive)

when they start to download, a screen will pop up on the treo. save them as sounds. the other way is to copy them to your SD card, and then move them to the main memory using a file management utility.

once they are on the phone, they will just show up in your list of available tones in the prefs/sounds screen
    hey aaron,

thanks for the hook up with some nice wav files...

i dloaded to ptunes once and tried another time to the SD... when i go into the preferences to assign ringers, i don't see it.

any help is appreciated...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast