Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    cool. i have not played with the bluetooth yet
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Okay..Im missing something. In order for the Sound Manager to recognize a .wav file it must first be converted to a .AMR file by a third party converter...according to the PalmOne support page...is this not true? .WAV files are not showing in PALM memory.
    that's the answer i'm looking for right there...

and rjmoose... i am dloading directly from the Treo... i'll try the email solution
    got mine working. for some reason...it wasn't working yesterday. but today....works fine. no problem. I just uploaded to a server and downloaded it. its fine. and the file is 180 kb
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by njpilot911
    Okay..Im missing something. In order for the Sound Manager to recognize a .wav file it must first be converted to a .AMR file by a third party converter...according to the PalmOne support page...is this not true? .WAV files are not showing in PALM memory.
    this is NOT true, correct. it IS possible that when you download the file, and the treo asks if you want to save it as a sound file, it does it's own conversion, i don't know, but if you click on those links, choose 'sound' when it asks, it should show up in your sound files.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottcj
    that's the answer i'm looking for right there...

and rjmoose... i am dloading directly from the Treo... i'll try the email solution
    when you download to the treo, is it starting to download at all? or do you seem to succeed at downloading it, but it's not showing up on your treo? if it's not downloading at all, double check your spelling and CASE. blazer seems to be case sensitive. i was having that trouble myself because i'm not used to having to capitalize web links.

if you ARE getting the download to start, make sure you are selecting 'save as sound'
    Quote Originally Posted by XistBoi
    Does anyone have a 'click' at the end of the WAV files when it plays on the treo?
    Yeah, I get a click at the end of playing a .wav file that's been imported into sounds. Don't know what to do about it. I assume it's the built-in player itself or maybe the speaker? Anyone else have any idea what may be going on or how to fix it?
    it's downloading... they just aren't showing up...

i have the option to save to sd... or save to Ptunes... either way, they don't show up as a ringer option....

i never see a save as sound request at all
    Quote Originally Posted by aarons12
    no click here
    Hmmm, wonder why I am getting a click. My wav files doesn't contain that error.
    Hi everyone. I have tried setting up wave files as ring tones with no success. They appeared on my 650 ringer list but did not play after I choose the wave file and received a call. Anyway, I found a solution that worked for me. I used the "Nokia Multimedia Converter 2.0" program and was able to convert my wave files to .amr files. I emailed the files to myself and saved them to the 650 and they worked perfectly!! Sound quality is excellent and the program couldn't be easier to use.

-Rayden
  11.    #51  
    that might be a final step needed. probably explains why ptunes didn't see it... hmm... well this is about finding out...

personally, i just like making my phone say it when i want to. don't think i would use them as actual ringtones...
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    HI. While cool--- I am actually looking for the opposite solution. How do I turn off the sound that plays everytime I connect or disconnect from the Sprint phone service.

I am a 3-day owner of the 650 and trying to acclimated to this new powerful Treo world.

Thanks for beaming back down to earth for a moment.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Thanks! It works awesome on my Siemens SX 66 as well!
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    What are you using to download? When I send the files to myself using versamail, the wav file is saved (memory I suppose, I'm not offered a choice where to save or in what format) but then when I try to play it, I get an error message "not a valid wave file."
    Absolutely not true. Although you are right the documentation doesn't mention waves you can do this. I can send a wave file to my 650 via bluetooth and it gets added to the sound manager just fine.

Note that not all wave formats might be supported. I expect there are probably some limitations on sampling rates and sizes. I'm sent clips that are mono, 8 bits, at both 8KHz and 11KHz rates and they work fine. I know that you can't send the waves via hotsync. I don't know if this works via downloading or email, but it definitely works when sending a file via bluetooth.

Quote Originally Posted by njpilot911
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by XistBoi
    Forget LightWav! This rocks - now if you can only assign individual ringers!
    ACtually you can assign each ringer to a different contact. Mine has the most often caller's names announced..."Karen's calling...pick up the phone"...pretty cool!!!

Igo
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Like others, I can record a sound in sound manager, but the treo won't allow me to hear it as a dedicated ring on a favorites button. For instance, if I record my daughter saying, "dad, pick up the phone", it will allow this new "ring" to be the default ring, but it won't allow me to hear it if I select it to ring for just my daughter calling me on the favorites button. If someone else is getting this to work, I would be very appreciative of step by step instructions.
    Please post more wavs!
    Glengary Glenross would be great, but any snappy ones will do.

Thanks in advance.
    There is either a bug or limitation in that you can't seem to get individual ringer tones to work in the favorites except for midi ringtones. AMR, WAV, and QCP ringtones which will work for the defaults, don't play if set for an individual. It would be nice to know from P1 if this is a limitation or bug but there is no mention either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Cluemeister
    Like others, I can record a sound in sound manager, but the treo won't allow me to hear it as a dedicated ring on a favorites button. For instance, if I record my daughter saying, "dad, pick up the phone", it will allow this new "ring" to be the default ring, but it won't allow me to hear it if I select it to ring for just my daughter calling me on the favorites button. If someone else is getting this to work, I would be very appreciative of step by step instructions.
    You can set this, but does it work for you? I don't know of anyone who can get the favorite ringtone to work for anything but a midi ringtone.

Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34
    ACtually you can assign each ringer to a different contact. Mine has the most often caller's names announced..."Karen's calling...pick up the phone"...pretty cool!!!

Igo
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast