Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aarons12
    Hi all. some of you 'oldies' may recall that i did some ringtones for the treo300 and 600. they also work on the 650, in case any of you have them.

but of course, the 650 can do more, so check out this 'Scotty, Beam me up!' ringtone. it's a 19.2k wav file, and right now i'm just messing around with it but it sounds cool.

for some reason this would not set as a ringtone for a particular caller from one of the phone screen 'one touch' buttons. but in sound prefs, it worked fine, and i have it set as my 'unknown caller' tone.

for newbies, the idea is you put this address in blazer on your phone. it can also be downloaded from your PC to a memory card, and moved from there.

www.aaronstein.com/beammeup.wav
    Cool. That will go good on mine since I am an active duty officer with you guessed it, last name Kirk. I was CPT Kirk for 7 years before making Major

Eric
    so these are ordinary wav files?? the 650 plays old ordinary wav files??? I asked this question a while back and noone answered me.. If this is really truw this is awsome!
  3.    #23  
    yes, these are from my old collection of sounds that i used to use for windows events.
    i chose them just because they were funny or cute, and small in size.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottcj
    hey aaron,

thanks for the hook up with some nice wav files...

i dloaded to ptunes once and tried another time to the SD... when i go into the preferences to assign ringers, i don't see it.

any help is appreciated...
    the only way i actually know how to get them on is downloading them from the links i supplied. the other way i SUSPECT it can be done is copying them to your SD card then using a file manager program to move them to the phone's regular memory i don't think they will work from the card directly.

but i have not yet worked with any of the ringtone managers such as pocketunes or lightwav so i can't help there... i'm sure it will come out on here soon enough
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    I used e-mail (attached the wav file) and then downloaded the wave file, but it does not show up in the ringtones in the sound profile. What, if any, is the maximum size the wav file can be? I remember that being an issue.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    just like a couple others... i can't get them to show up as an option from the ringtones list...

Filez emits an error when i try to move it from the card...

no luck... darn
  7.    #27  
    well, i guess folks will post solutions. i'm sort of new at this with the 650 because i never had a 600, just the 300 and that required a whole different format yet again (pdb). i've been playing the wav files for folks all day just for giggles...

the 650 speaker is waaay better than the 300, that's for sure. don't know how it compares to the 600
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose
    I used e-mail (attached the wav file) and then downloaded the wave file, but it does not show up in the ringtones in the sound profile. What, if any, is the maximum size the wav file can be? I remember that being an issue.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i don't know what the max size is for wav files but that would only apply to them as ringtones, and (at least on the 300) the file size alone would not prevent it from showing up on the list, you would have just gotten an error message or a reset when you tried to play it.

in particular i don't think there's a limit on file size other than your available memory because the treo650 can function as an mp3 player also, and can use mp3's as ringtones. so again, you would not use the same files for both purposes but if you put them into the phone's internal memory, the full songs might still show up on the ringtone list.

or not

like i said, i'm making guesses at some of this. i'm a gadget geek and into music, but i'm not a software developer or palm coder
    Where did you see that the 650 can use MP3s as ringtones outside of third party software like Lightwav? Did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by aarons12
    ...in particular i don't think there's a limit on file size other than your available memory because the treo650 can function as an mp3 player also, and can use mp3's as ringtones. ...
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  10.    #30  
    that was posted in some of the early talk on here. someone had posted a link to part of the manual or something. i will be playing with it soon, but if it can use wav, would be surprised if it can't use mp3. mp3 was the first one to be used by other phones. i was surprised at the wav thing because that's not really a 'compressed' format, where mp3 is.
  11.    #31  
    bump
    aaron,

do u have wav files working as ringtones on your 650 right now? if so, how did u get them in the ringers list...

not working for anyone else... thx
    I got my .wav file to save into sound manger...it works!!!! I downloaded it via an attachment...it was kind of tricky, but it finally worked...thanks aarons12!!!!
    Does anyone have a 'click' at the end of the WAV files when it plays on the treo?
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottcj
    aaron,

do u have wav files working as ringtones on your 650 right now? if so, how did u get them in the ringers list...

not working for anyone else... thx
    yes, they are working right now (except for the speed dial buttons, which don't seem to show them for some reason) and for others too-read the posts.

i just navigated to the links shown in this thread (links to the files at my own website) when you put those addresses in or click on those links, it will start to download the file and ask if you want to save it as a file or a sound. choose sound, it saves it (first asks what you want to name it, i just picked OK to leave it as it was) and then started using it. really couldn't be easier...

make sure you use the exact spelling and CASES on the links. and again, save as a sound. i have been showing it off all over, people think it's a riot.
    not me...or at least i have not heard it
  17.    #37  
    no click here
    RJMOOSE,

do you have pocket tunes... it seems to be interferring with my download... i can't get them into regular memory.
    i deleted pocket tunes...was not working for me...are you sending your .wav file via versa mail?
    I beam them over using the Wireless Link on my laptop. This is the easiest way to install them IMO. It takes a little messing to get the PC to see the Treo as a connected device but works great. Hint: Do a beam to the PC to wake up the IR port. Then add the WAV files to the Send to list. Now beam again to the PC and then interrupt it. Then hit the send button on the PC - voila.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast