1.    #1  
    looks to me like P1 sticks with the 650 to absolute minimalism.

the obvious improvements are welcome upgrades, but if you see what the competition is delivering after more than a year of research, well then P1 clearly operates in another age.

or: does the minimalism of the 650 with its obvious limitations, which could have been easily overcome, does this compromised 650 that tell us anything about the treo(s) that will follow?

they're buying some time with the 650.

P1 clearly must have little machines with more memory and processor and whatever power in their pockets. you just dont research over a year for a better screen, a better keyboard and an improved OS. there's more to be reached within a year.

shame on me if I spoil anybody's fun with his/her virgin new 650, but I cant get rid of the feeling that there's more to be expected pretty soon.

any hints/leaks/reliable insights?
    Last edited by beelzebueb; 11/22/2004 at 08:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by beelzebueb
    looks to me like P1 sticks with the 650 to absolute minimalism.

the obvious improvements are welcome upgrades, but if you see what the competition is delivering after more than a year of research, well then P1 clearly operates in another age.

or: does the minimalism of the 650 with its obvious limitations, which could have been easily overcome, does this compromised 650 that tell us anything about the treo(s) that will follow?

they're buying some time with the 650.

P1 clearly must have little machines with more memory and processor and whatever power in their pockets. you just dont research over a year for a better screen, a better keyboard and an improved OS. there's more to be reached within a year.

shame on me if I spoil anybody's fun with his/her virgin new 650, but I cant get rid of the feeling that there's more to be expected pretty soon.

any hints/leaks/reliable insights?
    But why would P1 put out such a memory retarded phone if they have something better up thier sleeves?

Don't you think that people will shy away from future products if they feel shafted on this one?
  3.    #3  
    a slightly upgraded 600 was the easiest thing to do while concentration is focused on developing another plattform.

as the name suggests, the 650 is a sibling of the 600. a new generation follows a new number-game.

I simply dont buy it that P1 wants to rest on this 650 for a year, as the competition puts out more and more advanced models with tighter and tighter innovation cycles.

the main issue of the mem-problem is not so much with the user, but with the 3rd party softwares. these developers are scared now that less of their products will be bought as that mem fills up too quickly.

and the 3rd party availability of palm-products is a main selling point of this very house.

3rd party pressure on P1 will probably ring more alarm bells within P1 than pressure from power users in such forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFighter
    But why would P1 put out such a memory retarded phone if they have something better up thier sleeves?
    Only if they are phasing out the "Handspring" 600 and replacing it with their entry-level model of their family of Treo's, the 650.

Get the 600 while they're hot!