Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    How long until we see a firmware update to fix the little bugs that the 650 shipped with?
    Good question. Particularly in reference to the Bluetooth not working with the Acura TL and Toyota Prius. Anyone remember how long it was between the release date of the Treo600 and the first firmware update? Was it weeks or months or ...?
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamtraidman
    Good question. Particularly in reference to the Bluetooth not working with the Acura TL and Toyota Prius. Anyone remember how long it was between the release date of the Treo600 and the first firmware update? Was it weeks or months or ...?
    If my memory serves, the first update was released within 2 months to address the <b><i>SIGNIFICANT</i></b> blunder with SMSing - as in you get an SMS, Treo resets. 1.20 wasn't released for a while thereafter to address the car kit problems (which another patch was released for) and Voice Recording.

I'd say depending on the Memory resolution, we'll see one at some point.. Who knows.. maybe the second release this time round will be for OS 6

(EDIT) Uhh.. no flames for the OS6 thing ok?
    I have a TL and this is MOST disappointing.

Is this a problem witht he PHONE or the Acura? I mean the acura pairs with everything and the phone pairs with everything else fine.
    Not soon enough for me. After a full business day with this thing, I am officially frustrated. These slow responses to simple actions like dialing a phone number are just unacceptable. I understand early adoption is asking for problems, but these super basic issues are just ridiculous.
    Mine has been in my hands for nearly a month now and I use it with a 2005 Infiniti FX Series with bluetooth and it works fine. I am wondering if there is something in the setup that is being missed on the Acura or the Toyota?

Also, what seems to be the issue with sluggish response on the Treo? I am not experiencing it at all and the memory problem has not been an issue to date either. Maybe I am one of the lucky ones and mine is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Mine has been in my hands for nearly a month now and I use it with a 2005 Infiniti FX Series with bluetooth and it works fine. I am wondering if there is something in the setup that is being missed on the Acura or the Toyota?

Also, what seems to be the issue with sluggish response on the Treo? I am not experiencing it at all and the memory problem has not been an issue to date either. Maybe I am one of the lucky ones and mine is fine.

I noticed after I did a hard reset to package mine for return that I didn't have nearly the sluggish response. Since you mentioned not having an issue with the memory, I wonder if the App launcher programs people are using to get around the memory issue is what is causing such huge delays between button presses. I barely notice any difference between 600 and 650 as far as response goes now that I have NO 3rd party apps installed.
    is there a firmware update? your subject header definitely implies as much....
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    I do not know, but on the Acura I can get it paired, by doing a workaround where it looks for hte phone and the phone looks for it at the same time.

However once it says paired it never finds the phone and never can connrct.

interestling, I DID get it working one ime qwhen messing with it.. it worked for a call and no sifnal strength or battery display, but it really did work.

I do not know what I did and it stopped woring real fast after that.
    MikeRadio - Were you drunk when you wrote that response?
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    I noticed after I did a hard reset to package mine for return that I didn't have nearly the sluggish response. Since you mentioned not having an issue with the memory, I wonder if the App launcher programs people are using to get around the memory issue is what is causing such huge delays between button presses. I barely notice any difference between 600 and 650 as far as response goes now that I have NO 3rd party apps installed.
    sxtg,

So you decided to return your device after all?
    Quote Originally Posted by hperry
    is there a firmware update? your subject header definitely implies as much....
    If the subject header had said, "Firmware Update Available," I could understand you having an issue. Yet, since the rest of his post went on to ask, How long until we see a firmware update to fix the little bugs that the 650 shipped with? Seriously, what part did you miss?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    If the subject header had said, "Firmware Update Available," I could understand you having an issue. Yet, since the rest of his post went on to ask, How long until we see a firmware update to fix the little bugs that the 650 shipped with? Seriously, what part did you miss?
    Scandalex, Thank you....
    Quote Originally Posted by adamtraidman
    MikeRadio - Were you drunk when you wrote that response?
    no not drunk just toired from not sleeping playing with my treo 650!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    I suspect that's because with no third party apps installed, and taking up memory, it's not doing nearly as much paging back and forth between RAM and FLASH. I also assume your databases are empty, or nearly so, which probably speeds things up, too.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.