Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by awesterink
    In the mean time I got my hands on this case as well. Overall not bad, but hated the fact that the top section is not up high enough, partially covering the screen, and making the plastic cover sit too far off the screen. I took the knife to it. Cut out the entire screen section of the plastic, and am using a Boxwave Crystal-Clear screen protector instead. Also cut out a half-circle of leather to expose the LED. MUCH better!
    Just got my case and car charger from Dan's yesterday! I like the case but agree the plastic is a lil in the way at the top and it could also be a little thinner as it does inhibit touchscreen a little. I may follow suit and slice mines too.

Awesterink, what did you use to cut yours? Exacto knife, etc.

I really wish I could find one that fits like an Isotoner glove, thin and snug. I don't like anything to add weight. Maybe Bodyglove will release one.

Overall the case is a cool product for the price!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I just used one of those small box cutter knives. With the phone in the case, I ran the knife across the plastic just under the edge of the screen, to get a cutting line going (without penetrating and touching the phone of course). Then took the phone out and cut out the plastic along the edge of the leather, on the top and each side. Then used the line as a guide to cut through the rest of the plastic.

For the LED cutout, I used a 3-whole puncher to get started, then widened it up with plain scissors. I made it quite wide, as I prefer to see the LED in plain view. When you turn the scissors to cut at an angle, it will damage the leather along the curve a little bit, but not to a point that it bothers me.

In the attached picture you can't tell that the phone has a Boxwave Crystal-Clear screen protector on. Even if I'd make a close up, you would only be able to tell from the edges of the protector, and a few tiny dust specks trapped under the protector. Highly recommended!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Very nice job! I cut mines this morning. Not quite as neat as yours (but decent) and I really like the slot for the LCD light. I cut out a slot for the camera in the back so I don't have to take it out to use the camera and video.

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    I cut out a slot for the camera in the back so I don't have to take it out to use the camera and video.
    Actually, I think you're supposed to unsnap the top strap and just fold down the rear flap covering the lens when you want to use the camera... at least that's what I've been doing. I thought about notching the flap so I could avoid all that fumbling, but decided to leave it as minimal protection for the lens.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    LOL, I never thought about folding the flap down, actually it never even occurred to me that it folded at all.

But for me and my impomptu pics, it would have just been a couple of extra steps I could avoid.

6.    #26  
    Nice pics, awesterink, thanks for sharing! I also have a Boxwave Crystal screen protector.

I'm not as skillful with a knife as you and GeekyMom, so I will probably leave mine alone until the Krusell Classic comes out.

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    I had just stopped at a gas station the other night and started to fill the tank when I heard a clattering noise. To my horror, I looked down and recognized my brand-new 650 lying in parts on the concrete pavenment of the gas station. The battery cover had flipped off, and the battery had ejected itself from its compartment. I was wearing the formfit case from TreoCentral clipped to my belt. Apparently in the process of getting out of the car, the case had come unsnapped, and the opening rotated downwards, so that the Treo slipped right out.

My shiny new gadget now has a row of nicks on the chrome along the right side of the screen, and on the chrome around the camera lens. It looks like it bounced at least once before coming to rest. Luckily there seems to be only cosmetic damage.

So, I'll be investing in a different case soon. :/
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12