1.    #1  
    Man... I have been researching this for far too long. My company has at&t as our providers. We need true html internet AND phones... so, we bought an Audiovox ppc4100 to test out. Quite disappointing. The phone seems to be an afterthought. So, I returned it and thought I would wait for the treo 650. But now, upon reading about it, not only is it not available for At&t due to the merger, but the 650 has voice/phone issues as well.

Is the treo 600 a decent phone? Or should I look elsewhere? What are my options?
    ... now the new Cingular. I have been impressed with its apparent ability to hold a signal as well as my old Nokia. I haven't had any trouble with it at all. I would prefer the ring tones were louder but it seems to be a good phone.

-THP
    Think First, ask questions later!
  3.    #3  
    So you use it as a handheld phone? (i.e. no earbud) and it works good?
    Go for the Treo 650 GSM. It will be out in the market by January.
    Treo 600 is still a great phone. There is a reason that everyone raved about it. The 650 may be better, but if you don't want to be part of the group newly testing the unit and finding bugs, the Treo 600 is a great product. It seems that a lot of software needs to be updated for it as well.

They have had some trouble with build quality on the Treo 600 with a few lemons, however, so make sure you get insurance. Most people don't have any problems and are very happy. A minority have had problems, and an even smaller minority seemed to have absolutely terrible luck.

I had a problem with my phone, and Verizon shipped me a new unit overnight, with a return label for my old unit. It was pretty painless.
    I too have been researching phones for my wife for over a month. I have a Treo 600 from Sprint but she wasn't sure she wanted all of that functionality. The great debate was between a T-Mobile Blackberry, a Treo on any provider, or a Nokia 6820 phone that has a flip open keyboard. I was all for the Treo, since the learning curve was low, but she went with the Nokia. It has a Calender, Task List and Notes. We also shelled out for a PC sync cable so it has some limited linking to Outlook. So far, I'd consider it a good step down from a Palm Phone.

If HTML is the priority, your only choices are Palm or PocketPC Phone Edition. There was one PocketPC Phone for AT&T for like $200, but I'm too stuck on Palm to look close enough at it.

All in all, the Treo is a great phone. You can see from my signature below, I've had planty of experience with Palm Phones and this is the best one yet!
    11+ yrs w/ a Palm: It's come a long way!