Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    He suggested that I try a clean in stall without installing the fonts. Haven't tried it yet.
    Verichat causes reset loops too... I switched to Causerie and it's fine now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magubbi
    Verichat causes reset loops too... I switched to Causerie and it's fine now.
    I know someone who's been using Verichat with no problems at all.
    Perhaps it's something else in addition to Verichat giving you a problem?
    Or perhaps you upgraded from another Palm device and didn't follow the upgrade instructions?
    Ah, well, I HAVE installed Ultrasoft Money after every Hard Reset and the loops are annoying. If we know for sure that UM is doing it, I'll have to stop installing it (and I just paid for the Upgrade to 4, too!).

Anybody know if Pocket Quicken works on the 650? Maybe I'll have to change from Money to Quicken...
    I'm having the same annoying problem. What a bum way to start the new device. I have US Money installed as well. But after trying to used advanced restore from Backup Buddy and selectively restoring files I'm tested a few things.

US money never crashed when I was using that program.
    One crash was when I hit the Versamail hard button.
    After restoring a minimal set of files, which did not include US Money, the palm still reset loops when I hit RealPlyaer, Menu, Options, Preferences. NO US Money installed there. Actually, I just tried it now to document and it reset once, maybe twice, and came back to the main launcher. So that time it didn't loop.

PLEASE HELP!! This sucks. Great device otherwise. Just off to the typical early adopter crappy start.
    I have also verified that UltraSoft Money CAN cause the reset loops. They are working to remedy the situation. It could theoretically be a combination of UltraSoft Money and some other programs installed, but for now I would suggest not installing Ultrasoft Money.
    Hi all,

Ultrasoft, palmOne, and everyone else is working hard to get to the bottom of this.

While some people have reported random "reset loops", others (including me) find no problems at all. Some report resets in specific circumstances, others report no problems in those same situations.

Given that the software runs on all Palm OS devices to date, including the T5 which incorporates NVFS, we're (momentarily) baffled.

Rest assured we'll get to the bottom of this as quickly as possible. There's no need to rush out and switch to Quicken. If an update is required, we'll of course provide it at no cost.

I'm also told that palmOne is working on an update to remedy NVFS issues in both the T5 and Treo 650.

If any Ultrasoft Money users want to volunteer to help investigate the problem, please send a private e-mail to treo650@ultrasoft.com.

Thanks!
    David

PS- The Ultrasoft Money setup does offer a "versamail font support" option, which installs a library to access the versamail fonts. It appears not to be needed on the Treo 650, as the device seems to have the library preinstalled.
    I am a P1 beta tester. The bluetooth radio/app doesn't work. When I enable the radio, the 650 locks up and soft and warm resets do nothing, well to clarify, they cause the wireless radio not to dial numbers. I always have to do a hard reset to get the phone to function properly. My computer is in the shop so I have a factory fresh, no data synced configuration. I think I've reset my phone 15 times in 24 hours
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Take a look at a thread I started which addresses the crash reset loop issue:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ad.php?t=63717

It worked for me.

Cheers
    Rees
    First of all, my Docs 2 Go was working fine, that is, until I installed the wireless keyboard .prc file. After that, everytime I opened Docs 2 Go, my 650 would reset. After deleting the keyboard .prc, it worked fine again.

Quick question, does anyone know of a portable keyboard that works with the 650? Perferable one that includes the row of numbers, I HATE pressing Fn + whatever for a number. (Also, not the wireless keyboard for the reasons I stated above). Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ultrasoft
    While some people have reported random "reset loops", others (including me) find no problems at all.
    From what we've been able to determine, Ultrasoft Money does not actually cause any resets on the Treo 650, but if a reset does occur, then the presence of Ultrasoft Money results in a "reset loop".

Note that this could also affect other 3rd party applications.

We're currently testing a workaround. More information is available here:

http://support.ultrasoft.com/faq.asp?id=134

David
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Excerpt an e-mail from the developer of BackupMan:

"Well, as it turns out the Treo 650 does have the same problems that the
    Tungsten T5 exhibits, it just takes longer to manifest itself because there
    is less memory on a Treo 650.

If you see random resets of your device while in your favorite apps, that
    is evidence of this problem with the device. Generally if you get an error
    before the crash it will be a memory error, and then the system will be
    pretty unstable until you perform a soft reset.

Now, I have done several updates to help minimize this, but I've tested
    several other applications as well and I've been able to cause the problem
    with all of them (even ones updated for the T5/T650).

In a nutshell, it's my current belief that any program that reads or writes
    data can cause this problem to evidence itself over time, but since our
    utilities in general live reading and writing large amounts of data it
    evidences it more often. Each soft reset clears the problem until enough
    activity has occurred to start the cycle over again.
    "
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by ultrasoft
    From what we've been able to determine, Ultrasoft Money does not actually cause any resets on the Treo 650, but if a reset does occur, then the presence of Ultrasoft Money results in a "reset loop".

Note that this could also affect other 3rd party applications.

We're currently testing a workaround. More information is available here:

http://support.ultrasoft.com/faq.asp?id=134

David
    Thanks for the fast research on this issue David!!

Ultrasoft Money is one of the best palm applications available in my opinion. Anyone that hasn't used it should give it a try when the fix is available. It blows pocket quicken out of the water IMHO. Either as a stand alone app or combined with its truly automated syncing with MS Money.

David is on the ball. I beta tested 4.0 on the treo 600 and he was able to correct issues with the d-pad navigation in less than 12 hours. A tricky fix due to the implementation being different on GSM and CDMA treo 600's.

thanks again for a great app with great support!
    Please see my desperate call for help in the "How to stop Crash Looping on the Treo 650" thread. (It would've fit better here I suppose. Sorry for that.)
    --
    (my pda graveyard: Psion Series 5, Psion Series 5mx, Palm Treo 650 ??)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12