Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Hi,

I just tried to download a 6mb file with Blazer on my new 650 and it displayed the message "The file you are trying to download is too big. The maximum file size that you can download is 2mb."

My first thought was that I must have been out of memory, but I have over 10mb free. It looks like Sprint doesn't want us using too much of their precious vision bandwith...I really hope someone finds a workaround for this, or tells me I'm doing something wrong.

Frank
    It's doing this in Simulator as well. Looks like it's a hard-coded limit.
    Where there is a limit , there is a hack...
    It's in the manual. Seems too low if you're trying to email a (licensed) song to your treo.

Clue
    It was in the 600 too..... Drove me CRAZY!!!!!
    Did anyone figure out a way to fix this?

It drives me crazy!
    I'm having the same exact experience!?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=66442

This is very annoying. Looks like Srint not only crippled the Bluetooth but also set a file size limit of 2MB also.

Can you say Hack!
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarc
    It's doing this in Simulator as well. Looks like it's a hard-coded limit.
    What is "simulator"?
    The simulator is just like a fight simulator. On your computer you see what looks like a treo phone on your desktop and you can do anything that a real phone can do. It a Treo Simulator. Palm has it on there webpage.
  10. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by XistBoi
    It was in the 600 too..... Drove me CRAZY!!!!!
    Not on the ATT 600 GSM model. I wonder if any 650 GSM models will have this? I would assume that the Palm One version should not have this restriction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluemeister
    It's in the manual. Seems too low if you're trying to email a (licensed) song to your treo.

Clue
    I dont think you have a problem where this is concerned as long as you have the space to save it and are using an email client verses the browser. Alhough it would be nice if when you chose to download, it asked WHERE you want to save it. I suppose if you are running your email client off the SD card with Zlauncher or something, this might not be a problem.

Eric
    There is also a limit when sending a video mail. It will only allow under 256K of video to be uploaded. Is there any settings to change that? Make a little camcorder movie and then you can't mail it. Nice if someone could hack these limits.
    DJ
    Actually, versamail doesn't allow to send or receive more than 2 meg either
    But at least with versa mail, you can get around the 256k limit for sending video
    Blah... Just use webpro patched and be done with it. I always used webpro to download files on my Treo 600 anyway. You can download straight to the card and don't have to worry about bothersome file type extensions etc. It's much better than blazer to download files and there's no limit to file sizes...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Blah... Just use webpro patched and be done with it. I always used webpro to download files on my Treo 600 anyway. You can download straight to the card and don't have to worry about bothersome file type extensions etc. It's much better than blazer to download files and there's no limit to file sizes...
    The patched webpro doesn't work for me

some have gotten it to work but others are like me
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    The patched webpro doesn't work for me

some have gotten it to work but others are like me
    WebPro 3.5 patched doesn't work, but webPro 3.0a patched does. Just need to get the right version. Only problem is the 5 way navigation buttons don't work right. Need to use syllist or finger to select links.
    I have 3.0a vr. and it runs with some glitches though. I still can't download large files with it either
    I hate to ask, but

can someone email the working version of webpro to me.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    speaking of web pro, I have a registered copy of it that I paid for, and that doesn't work. very annoying, as that was what I used for downloading.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast