Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mausalot
    But at least with versa mail, you can get around the 256k limit for sending video
    If you send the video as an attachment, you can send a 2MB file. Just lauch the email program and then use the "Attach Picture" option and select the Video file. If you select the envelope icon from the camcorder program, you are really uploading the video to sprint's server which has a 256kb limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by fgallina
    It looks like Sprint doesn't want us using too much of their precious vision bandwith...
    And FWIW, Sprint had nothing to do with that limit. I regularly pull 10MB+ chunks of info using AvantGo, and not once has Sprint PCS choked over me taking their "precious vision bandwidth."
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    The patched webpro doesn't work for me

some have gotten it to work but others are like me

Hey dutch, have you tried 3.01a yet? Does it work fine for you on the 650?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Hey dutch, have you tried 3.01a yet? Does it work fine for you on the 650?
    I'm a dunce and not sure which files to install. I thought it was just the zipped files but obviously not. Which ones????

thanks from Phil the moron
    Got WebPro3a on my 650. Works fine, and fast too (using handheld view).

Try and exit ----> soft reset!
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I'm a dunce and not sure which files to install. I thought it was just the zipped files but obviously not. Which ones????

thanks from Phil the moron

It should be just the two prcs in the zip file. I don't think you should need the mathlib file. I have webproV installed right now on my T600 (webproV_enUS.prc and webproV.prc), and only need to the two files mentioned. I assume it should be the same case with 3.01a, but I haven't used that ver on my Treo in a long time...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    It should be just the two prcs in the zip file. I don't think you should need the mathlib file. I have webproV installed right now on my T600 (webproV_enUS.prc and webproV.prc), and only need to the two files mentioned. I assume it should be the same case with 3.01a, but I haven't used that ver on my Treo in a long time...
    Thanks...I'll give it a try again.
    Could somebody e-mail me webPro 3.0a patched please? at cajigasjr@aol.com

Thanks,

Al
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Can someone email me web pro 3.01a as a prc file ?

Thanks,

Mark
    Last edited by mark1107; 10/13/2009 at 10:29 PM.
    Just read the ATT/GSM manual for the 650 and it has this restriction as well (2 MB). Versimail on the GSM 650 also has the 2MB limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj81462
    There is also a limit when sending a video mail. It will only allow under 256K of video to be uploaded. Is there any settings to change that? Make a little camcorder movie and then you can't mail it. Nice if someone could hack these limits.
    DJ
    It gets worse.
    I have sent a few videos to family over the couple of weeks that I have had my 650. Last night my daughter was singing in a concert. I thought I would send a clip to her gandmother. I got a message stating that video is an PCS extra that cost $5 a month! $60 a year for such low quality ! I don't think so. It just means that there is an extra step. Instead of directly sending a video clip you have to save it to file then send it as an attchement through Versamail and your normal client. But that also means you can send longer video...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd
    It gets worse.
    I have sent a few videos to family over the couple of weeks that I have had my 650. Last night my daughter was singing in a concert. I thought I would send a clip to her gandmother. I got a message stating that video is an PCS extra that cost $5 a month! $60 a year for such low quality ! I don't think so. It just means that there is an extra step. Instead of directly sending a video clip you have to save it to file then send it as an attchement through Versamail and your normal client. But that also means you can send longer video...

Wow, that absolutely SUCKS!!!

Sprint's handiwork on this mess is all over the place!! So lets see the myriad of ways the have crippled the Treo 650:

• crippled BT DUN profile to prevent use of Treo as modem for PC
    • limit of Blazer download size for whatever reason
    • Limit of Versamail attachment size so you have to buy video mail service

DID I miss anything?

They have taken various features of the Treo 650 and disabled or crippled them on purpose in order to make you purchase their premium services like video mail etc. Very annoying indeed. THank goodness for this forum and valuable contributers like Shadowmite to circumvent these issues:

In short, to fix all this nonsense: get the shadowmites' DUN patch, use patched webpro 3.01a to download large files > 2MB, and use snappermail to send large attachment files (I assume this will work)....

Good grief Sprint...

I've been up and down the web, looking for the patched webpro 3.01a. It's nowhere to be found.

Can someone please, please email it to me?
    Last edited by pda_jedi; 01/02/2005 at 10:38 PM.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Is the 2 MB limit due to Blazer or is it Sprint's proxy. Shadowmite says you can bypass Sprint's proxy, so does this help? "You can goto prefs->network->details->menu->modify->ok->000000 and the phone will accidently let you in to change the settings! WRITE THEM DOWN FIRST IF YOU CHANGE THEM... No promises this makes blazer work, but it should." Has anyone tried this? If someone knew how to just up that 2 mb to 9 mb (a hex edit?) would at least allow the downloading of music files. Thanks, James
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydu3
    Is the 2 MB limit due to Blazer or is it Sprint's proxy. Shadowmite says you can bypass Sprint's proxy, so does this help? "You can goto prefs->network->details->menu->modify->ok->000000 and the phone will accidently let you in to change the settings! WRITE THEM DOWN FIRST IF YOU CHANGE THEM... No promises this makes blazer work, but it should." Has anyone tried this? If someone knew how to just up that 2 mb to 9 mb (a hex edit?) would at least allow the downloading of music files. Thanks, James
    I don't think so, the gsm documentation says the same thing, and it looked to be generic for all gsm carriers, so I think this is a limit in blazer, seems kinda a shame... I'm wondering if blazer has problems holding that much data in memory to display it (if its all in text and images in a html page) which as a result blazer limits everything to 2MB (even file downloads).
    Hmm... well it seems that the patched Webpro 3.01a is not working for most T650 users?

nswenson, which version do you have exactly? Is it 3.0 or 3.0a? Also, has anyone tried using the unpatched version of webpro 3 and the patched and unpatched version of WebproV? Nswenson, I would really appreciate your comments since you are the only person so far that has reported a working ver webpro on their 650! Thanks...

Unfortunately, gfunkmagic is right. 3.01a doesn't work on my 650. V (from many different sources), 3.0, Netfront 3, and Netfront 3.1 don't work either. 2.0 (from Tungsten C) works but can't download to card. 4.0 (from Tungsten T5) has the 2MB limit. I have found only one version of patched 3.0 that allows downloading to card without the 2MB limit. It is buggy and resets 650 often, especially if you clear the cache (but it works). For those interested (use at your own risk!):

1. Google for "webpro patched"
    2. Click on item 10
    3. Go to page 7
    4. Scroll to third post

Enjoy! Link is still active as of this posting.
    Who said persistence doesn't pay? Maybe it's just my OCD.

Did I say I found GOLD! WP Gold!

1. google "webpro 3.5"
    2. on page 2 of the search results, go to item 4
    3. go to thread entitled "webpro 3.5 versus 3.0.1 on T3"
    4. check out the link on the last post of page 4

v3, v3.01a, 3.5
    (only v3.01a works on my 650, and the one from my previous post is much faster)

Maybe some of you folks can make some productive use of these things.

Anyway, BYE BYE 2MB file size limit!
    Can someone point me to this webpro patched prc file (pda_jedi, your Google instructions don't work, how about a link) if that is the best one to use?

Thanks.

tc
    Quote Originally Posted by pda_jedi
    Who said persistence doesn't pay? Maybe it's just my OCD.

Did I say I found GOLD! WP Gold!

1. google "webpro 3.5"
    2. on page 2 of the search results, go to item 4
    3. go to thread entitled "webpro 3.5 versus 3.0.1 on T3"
    4. check out the link on the last post of page 4

v3, v3.01a, 3.5
    (only v3.01a works on my 650, and the one from my previous post is much faster)

Maybe some of you folks can make some productive use of these things.

Anyway, BYE BYE 2MB file size limit!

Would be better if you just posed the link, those directions wont help a lot of people, especially as the google results and threads can change.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast