Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    You do have 14 days and the same rebate forms are now available at Radio Shack.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackFan
    Why should he have any problems? Within the first 14 days, you can send it back for any reason you wish (in fact you don't even give a reason). You just ask for a RMA kit.
    It seems Sprint covers all their products under the 14 day policy, if bought through Sprint. It has been over 5 years since I have inquired about that policy (actually I just gave them a call) so I guess I just needed a reminder. Thanks.
    Actually, although someone should confirm this, i believe Sprint has now switched (as of november 15) to their holiday return policy, which means you should have until January 31 to return anything purchased from sprint.

I would probably double check that with them, but i'm pretty sure that's the policy now.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I have the same but I believe its the camera and not screen. Take a picture in the dark. You'll see that bad pixel is on the picture and not the screen. At lease thats my problem.
    Guys- if you have a dead pixel that you only notice in camera app- how do you know it's the display and not the camera?
    Answering my own question- what happens when you zoom.
    From looking at the first post, it appears also that this is not a defective pixel in the LCD screen, but a "dead" photosensitive cell within the CMOS camera sensor. This is usually allowable by the manufacturer (Micron) if it falls within a low enough % of total image pixels. If you check the LCD display using other applications, I would guess that it is working properly!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimetechie
    Guys- if you have a dead pixel that you only notice in camera app- how do you know it's the display and not the camera?
    If it's the camera it'll show up in the photos (prob best to check em on your PC)... If it's the screen, you'll see the dead pixel in screens/programs outside of the camera app.
    Quote Originally Posted by hub
    When I got my 19" flat panel monitor for my PC it said right in the owners manual that it was considered defective if there were less than 10 non-functioning led's
    Hmm, so if there are more than 10 non-functioning led's then it's okay is it?

Perhaps your manual meant to say "considered defective if there were less than 10 functioning LEDs
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa8Claws
    From looking at the first post, it appears also that this is not a defective pixel in the LCD screen, but a "dead" photosensitive cell within the CMOS camera sensor. This is usually allowable by the manufacturer (Micron) if it falls within a low enough % of total image pixels. If you check the LCD display using other applications, I would guess that it is working properly!
    Nope, it's definately a dead pixel, shows up on anything displayed with a dark background, I checked it out on other apps to make sure.

Getting it replaced without sending it back before I had another one to use was a challenge, and after talking to about 4 different sprint reps (phone order line, customer solutions, local store, etc. etc.) who kept on passing the buck I finally got a hold of a good Sprint rep who called my local store and explained the situation to them, and they agreed to put me first on the list for a new exchange when it comes in. This was a major deal to sprint since none of the stores in my area have the phone, and have no idea when they will be getting any.. Sprint wouldn't send me a new phone without me first returning my new one, which I protested since I've sold my treo 600 and couldn't go a week or so (at least with the holidays) without my Treo.

I stopped by my local Sprint store to show the manager my deal pixel, and she immediately agreed and was very nice about the whole thing. She was amazed to see a 650 in person and called another employee over to check it out. I showed them a picture I had taken with the camera and with the 320X319 resolution and they were extremely impressed. Kind of funny that I was the one to introduce my local Sprint store to the Treo 650.

And on top of that they still had the Treo 600's on display for $599.....
    Massage it!

Seriously... spend about 5 minutes or so just rubbing it with your thumb. I've made a few pixels go away like that.

Put a little force behind it. (just dont break it)
    You can return it, I would, dead pixels **** me off, When I first bought my labtop, the first two had dead pixels, returned it asap. The third one works perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnyb
    I have the same but I believe its the camera and not screen. Take a picture in the dark. You'll see that bad pixel is on the picture and not the screen. At lease thats my problem.
    Ow. I'd rather have a bad screen pixel (I actually do).
    -Carl Gundel, author of Liberty BASIC
    http://www.libertybasic.com
    This is gonna sound a little funny...but when I got my Treo 600...I had a similar problem with a blue pixel like that. I pressed on that part of the screen with my thumb and squished it around a bit...and it WENT AWAY! It has not ever come back!

I feel for ya...but my highly technical "squish" technigue might be worth a try. Don't press to hard though!
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    So that leaves you what, about 319 pixels to play with? Sorry man, had to say it. Feel bad for you. I wonder if they will even take it back for that.
    Eric
    Actually since the 650 has a 320x320 rez screen, it has a total of 102,400 total pixels. Thus the correct statement would be, an additonal "102,399 pixles to play with."

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    You can use this free program to test your screen in different colors to check for dead pixels.

http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilitie...xelstest.shtml
    Maybe it's me, but since your phone is BRAND new, what is the problem with taking it to the store and exchanging it for another new one. IMHO, its doubtful they even have refurbs....the damn phone just hit the shelves!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobray
    I showed them a picture I had taken with the camera and with the 320X319 resolution...
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    what is the problem with taking it to the store and exchanging it for another new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobray
    ...since none of the stores in my area have the phone, and have no idea when they will be getting any...
    ...we know for a fact that once he r
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    ...we know for a fact that once he r
    Gotta love those TREO 600 discos...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast