Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Anyone have any experience with the 650 and the Parrot DriveBlue? I have ordered one and should receive it in a few days but I just wanted to get a heads up for what I am in for.
    I have used it a little bit. VoiceTags works, but it doesn't always recognize the correct name. Will have an FAQ up on the product page on the store in the next couple of days.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus
    I have used it a little bit. VoiceTags works, but it doesn't always recognize the correct name. Will have an FAQ up on the product page on the store in the next couple of days.
    Thanks for the reply and I look forward to the review, I appreciate it. I'll let this thread know my experiences once I receive it. If there is anything you want me to test or try out let me know.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Well I got my Parrot DriveBlue in the mial today and much to my dismay it doesn't work well at all. It seems that the other person on the other end has to speak very loud in order for it to register with the DriveBlue and actually come out of the speaker. I did some tests with my voicemails and with some phone conversations and the DriveBlue just cuts in and out and I can't get a full conversation. This is also while my vehicle is at a standstill, I hate to see what would happen once I would start to get some background noise.

Couple this with my BleTrek G2 and I have a real winning combination. Am I just getting bad bluetooth devices or is there something wrong with my Treo's bluetooth???
    All -

Did a bit of research on the net for a nice hands free bluetooth speakerphone for the car and came accross this:

http://www.phonekit.net/supertooth.htm

Lasts 12 hours talk time on batteries, clips to the visor so its nice and close and read some very positive reviews on the newsgroups. I ordered it from a seller on eBay.... search for "supertooth".

Will let you know how it is when I receive it!

Aaron
    Are you using the included microphone? Without it, the Parrot is half duplex only. I've used this with numerous phones and it works quite well. Haven't used it with 650 though....
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonnerd
    Are you using the included microphone? Without it, the Parrot is half duplex only. I've used this with numerous phones and it works quite well. Haven't used it with 650 though....
    Heh, funny thing is I got it off of E-bay and all I got was the unit. I have an e-mail into the company to see where I can just get the external mic. Do you have any ideas?

Will the external mic help out with the conversation cutting out on the other end because they are talking too quiet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofdog
    Heh, funny thing is I got it off of E-bay and all I got was the unit. I have an e-mail into the company to see where I can just get the external mic. Do you have any ideas?

Will the external mic help out with the conversation cutting out on the other end because they are talking too quiet?
    Sounds like a noise cancellation issue...I don't have that problem with mine, but I'll run some tests today without the external mike and let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonnerd
    Sounds like a noise cancellation issue...I don't have that problem with mine, but I'll run some tests today without the external mike and let you know.
    I agree you need the Parrot with the mic for it to work good.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRadio
    I agree you need the Parrot with the mic for it to work good.

Thanks for the feedback! I explained my plight to the gentlemen at Parrot and they will be shipping me an external microphone. I'll let you know how it goes with that attached.
    Can others please comment on how well voice recognition works with DriveBlue? I'm about to order this from TC

Could you explain briefly how voicetags are setup with the Treo 650? The manual only explains the process for other phones. Does the external mic come with the DriveBlue or do you have to buy that separately.
    Just got the Parrot ck3000 installed today, caller on radio speaker is much lower than the music so you have to turn the volume of the radio up and it's fine, but my voice is horrible. I ran some test to voice mail and it was very choppy.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Marcus,

If the voice tags woek on the T650 -- how? There is no documentation and the only FAQ under the DriveBlue refers to the carkitupdate. Can you help?
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Did anyone ever find out how to do voice tags with DriveBlue?
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jkoons
    Did anyone ever find out how to do voice tags with DriveBlue?
    I hope you have better luck with this question than I had. I bought DriveBBlue based on Marcus' (Trecentral) comments of voice tag support and can't even get him to respond!
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    How do I setup VoiceTags?

1) Make sure the DriveBlue is paired and operational.

2) VoiceTags only work with numbers assigned to your Speed Dial favorites, so first add the number and name to an empty favorite.

3) Click on the home key, and select the prefs application. Under the communication heading, select Handsfree.

4) Click on Voice Tags Setup.

5) Press and hold the red Hangup button on the DriveBlue until the Record Voice Tag screen is displayed on your Treo. Select the favorite to create a voice matching recording for and click record. The DriveBlue will say "Say the name after the beep" (say the name) and then again "Repeat the name after the beep". When completed, press Done.

How do I dial using a VoiceTag?

Press the Green button on the DriveBlue once, and after the beep say the name of pre-recorded voicetag. If correctly recognized, the recorded name will be played back by the DriveBlue and the number will now be dialed automatically. If a mistmatch, the DriveBlue will say "Name not Recorded".

Important: If your Treo screen is off while performing a call using VoiceTags, do not hit the red power key on the Treo to turn the screen it (as it will then hangup the call). Rather, use Green button.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Here's my experiene so far:

Got the Jabra SP-100. Worked great, when it worked. Only worked for about 1 out of every 5 calls. Kept not connecting or just stopping in the middle of calls.
    Returned it and they sent me another one. Did the same thing.
    Bought the Moto 800 and it connected and worked great, except the 1 watt speaker was worthless in the car.

The Parrot: Was going to try this one but apparently only full duplex with the external mic. Kinda defeats the purpose of bluetooth if I have to start running mic wires all over the place.

Just bought the Gold Lantern Supertooth. It's arriving today. I think this is the only solution. I will post tomorrow and let you know how it performs.
    The driveblue works great.. used it for 6 days with the extra mic.

Easy getting ina nd out of a rental car and having the 650 recognized by the driveblue even when Im way outside the car.

The volume was adequate through the speaker..l the voice tagsd worked niuce as described above..

I HIGHLY reccomend this thing for anyoen who rents cars and doesnt want to screw around with alot of hubub.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast