Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi folks,

I have the Parrot CK3000 hooked up and paired with my T650. The basic hands free functions work, but I can't get anything out of voice tags.

I tried the instructions in this thread and I have the palmone carkit update installed. When I go into prefs and go to the 'setup voicetags' screen under handsfree, it shows me a picture of the Parrot BlueDrive device (NOT the CK3000). Should I be seeing something else? When I initiate recording voice tags from the CK3000 keypad by holding the red button down, the T650 does a reset...

My CK3000 has firmware v3.13. I'd appreciate any help/thoughts, including a way to verify that the car kit update did actually install in case that is the problem.

(original sprint ROM. problem exists both with and without the bluetooth manager patch for DUN).

thanks!
    rjb
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbeep
    Hi folks,

I have the Parrot CK3000 hooked up and paired with my T650. The basic hands free functions work, but I can't get anything out of voice tags.

I tried the instructions in this thread and I have the palmone carkit update installed. When I go into prefs and go to the 'setup voicetags' screen under handsfree, it shows me a picture of the Parrot BlueDrive device (NOT the CK3000). Should I be seeing something else? When I initiate recording voice tags from the CK3000 keypad by holding the red button down, the T650 does a reset...

My CK3000 has firmware v3.13. I'd appreciate any help/thoughts, including a way to verify that the car kit update did actually install in case that is the problem.

(original sprint ROM. problem exists both with and without the bluetooth manager patch for DUN).

thanks!
    rjb
    While I'm not using the CK3000, I did find that when using the Parrot DriveBlue, if I had the "Dial Extra Digits automatically" enabled on any of the numbers in the Speed Dial, the 650 would reset everytime I held down the red button on the Parrot. Once all of those were disabled, I could configure the Voice Tags...
    T.C.
    I tried the steps listed above and could not get voice tags to work, all it did was reset the Treo, very annoying.
    I just ordered one from eBay. It has the external mic. I'll let y'all know how well it works.

Anyone have any recent experience with it? Have issues been fixed since the 650 updates? I'm a bit confused about how updating the Driveblue firmware works, but I can always go to their US office, since I'm in NYC.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    If it's like the Parrot EasyDrive, you update the firmware using a computer with Bluetooth. When I upgraded my EasyDrive's firmware (I recommend the device itself, especially after the firmware update is installed), my laptop was still running Windows XP SP1, and it was a royal pain. Using XP SP2 it should be easy.

The EasyDrive still resets my Treo occasionally, but for the most part it works well.

Off-topic: Why did I finally upgrade to XP SP2 you ask? A killer-app, Salling Clicker, more-or-less requires it:
    http://www.salling.com/Clicker/windows/
    I am quite happy with EasyDrive. It used to hang my Treo once in a while but I have not seen that after 1.20ENA ROM update.

One plus point for EasyDrive is that it takes phone numbers from the Contacts database and is not restricted to Favorites. I have plenty of numbers with auto dial extra digits in Favorites but I have not tried using them with EasyDrive.

If you use VoiceDial then you have to remember to wait for the beep between the name and type of number. I have trained EasyDrive to recognize the word "Mobile" as the tag for "Cellular" to make voice dialing consistent between VoiceDial and EasyDrive.

Sometimes when there are too many people talking in the car EasyDrive likes to join in with the prompt for contact name. Other than this minor annoyance it is pretty good.
    Prio Treo
    Unlocked Unbranded Treo 650 on T-Mobile-T-Zone
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12