Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Initiate is now live - thanks to all the Beta testers who made it possible.

The Treo600 and the Treo 650 have set a new standard for Smartphones. The launchers haven’t moved on though.

Initiate is my new launcher. Designed specifically for Smartphones, Initiate is the first launcher to allow users to navigate both the application and the phone functionality of their handhelds.

get it at www.hobbyistsoftware.com

Users simply enter two or three letters of what they are looking for (contact, MP3, application or bookmark) and Initiate will find it. Initiate then integrates with other applications to enable users to Dial, Email or SMS contacts, Play an MP3 or Open a bookmark.

For the less connected Palm device, Initiate Light is a completely free, fast launcher which offers the file and contact management capabilities of Initiate.

let me know what you think!
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 11/22/2004 at 03:29 PM. Reason: post link...
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Can't wait to try it! Has it been tested on the 650 yet?

phil
  3.    #3  
    I think you're the first...

Nothing really contentious in it though (it runs on os3.5) - so I don't anticipate any problems.
    Please do report back!
    Hobbyist Software
    How do I get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    How do I get it?
    http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/
    Beta tested this one -- good, solid product, and the author was quick to improve on suggestions. Give this one a test-drive...
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I take it this replaces Arrow Launcher?
  8.    #8  
    Arrow Launcher is dead - Long live Initiate.

- It's a big step on from Arrow Launcher though - definitely an new app with some of the same ideas.
    Hobbyist Software
    Here are a few suggestions:
    1. The ability to search for contacts by company name.
    2. Show the signal indicator and blue tooth indicator for the Treo 650.
  10.    #10  
    you can search by company name - just enable company, first, last in a view
    the signal indicator should show for the 650 - does it not?
    and yes - I'll definitely add the bluetooth indicator - just haven't got to grips with the 650 yet (and need a gsm one...)

thanks for the comment
    Hobbyist Software
    I have to say this is the "must have" app for the Treo 650. It works flawlessly so far and it really is intiutive as to what a smartphone interface shoudl be. This is the missing app that Palm dearly needs!
    The signal indicator is not working on my 650. Is there an option to turn it on?
    One other thing. When a phone number has an extension, it tries to dial it as part of the phone number.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Katahdin
    The signal indicator is not working on my 650. Is there an option to turn it on?
    nope - that's something I have to fix. I haven't told initate about the 650 and that it should do the 600 signal thing.

will happen soon
    Hobbyist Software
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Katahdin
    One other thing. When a phone number has an extension, it tries to dial it as part of the phone number.
    At the moment, Initiate strips all non numeric stuff except for x#*+ the x was allowed so that takephone would get extension details.

what should happen?
    e.g. should Initiate recognise an x and strip all following numbers?
    Hobbyist Software
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    nope - that's something I have to fix. I haven't told initate about the 650 and that it should do the 600 signal thing.

will happen soon
    Great, will purchase it then. Thanks
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by maryann
    Great, will purchase it then. Thanks
    That's what I like to hear! Thanks.
    Hobbyist Software
    i've requested my code be resent through palmgear, any idea on timeframe? I should be able to use my old arrow launcher code no?

thanks,
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970
    i've requested my code be resent through palmgear, any idea on timeframe? I should be able to use my old arrow launcher code no?

thanks,
    yup the old AL code will work. You can retrieve you registration code by logging into 'my palmgear' and clicking on 'order history' The code isn't always instantly obvious - you may have to hunt a little!
    Hobbyist Software
    Confusedvorlon, I have initiate installed on my Treo 600. When I attempt to rename an application, it sends my Treo into an annoying reset loop. Everytime the Palm logo appears it resets, so I don't get time to system reset, hard reset is the only option, and I haven't done a backup in days. I lost all my INFO! Bummer.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast