Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Really sorry about the lost data - unfortunately we didn't pick up this bug in beta testing.

I've had a couple of bug reports on renaming since launch - I'm working on trying to track down the bug to fix it.

If anyone (brave) can produce steps to cause a crash - I'll be a lot closer to a fix.

Did you try a debug reset? Press reset while holding up (during the reset loop). It should escape you from a reset loop.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    Confusedvorlon, I have initiate installed on my Treo 600. When I attempt to rename an application, it sends my Treo into an annoying reset loop. Everytime the Palm logo appears it resets, so I don't get time to system reset, hard reset is the only option, and I haven't done a backup in days. I lost all my INFO! Bummer.
    Thats what I mean by system reset. I don't have time to perform the system reset. If I hold up, it just continues to reset. The only way to intercept the reset loop is to hold the wireless off/on button, upon release it asks if you want to hard reset, if I select no, it resumes the reset loop.
  3.    #23  
    OK - I've uploaded a new version (1.01).
    It's not listed as 1.01 at palmgear - but the download will get the latest
    you can also get it at my site

Definite bug fixes:
    - freeze in contact bug
    - some apps listing as music in high res devices

I've also added some more 'defensive code' in the rename function. Hopefully it will fix the bug - but I can't be sure as I haven't found a way to reproduce the bug yet.

re the debug (system) reset - you don't actually need to get out of the reset loop to do it - but you do need to start your own reset with the reset hole while holding he up key (even while it's reseting itself)

let me know hoe this goes!
    Hobbyist Software
    BY confusedvorlon
    "Definite bug fixes:
    - freeze in contact bug"

Could this be the resolution to my problem? I have installed 1.01 and am hoping. However, version 1.0 seemed somewhat more stable last night.

Anyway, will see how it goes.
    RJuhl
  5.    #25  
    1.02 now out
    now it does fix the rename bug - I found how to replicate it.

hopefully one of these will fix Rjuhl's bug...
    Hobbyist Software
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    1.02 now out
    now it does fix the rename bug - I found how to replicate it.

hopefully one of these will fix Rjuhl's bug...
    So far so good .... been using it quite a bit since early morning, and have accessed that one trouble contact several times without issue.

Keeping my fingers crossed, but REALLY LIKE THE PROGRAM!
    RJuhl
    I believe I read (perhaps on your website?) that Initiate! will move apps to an SD card ... I assume sort of like ZLauncher ... is that correct? If so, how does it compare in that regard to other tools?

Also, does Phone Technician provide features that Butler does not?

Thanks very much.
  8.    #28  
    Initiate does move apps to and from sd card - and runs them from sd card. See this thread for more discussion:
    http://mytreo.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB....num=1101156554

And yes Phone Technician is a completely seperate app to Butler - more details at my site.

Enjoy
    Hobbyist Software
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12